Thinking of options trading

Discussion in 'Options' started by vguy, Apr 22, 2006.

1. when I go to file it doesn't just save just the webpage to the desk top but the whole thread. But I haven't tried saving the whole thread to the hard-drive..I'm sure if there is a way cnms2 knows how.

#11     Apr 23, 2006
  2. If you click on the "print" button at the top of the thread which looks like this:

[​IMG]

OR substitute showthread.php with printthread.php in your Browser URL and it should display the entire contents of the thread on one page in a printable form i.e. text only.

e.g. this thread is:

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=67816

if you change it to:

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/printthread.php?threadid=67816

It should show the contents of the thread in text.

You can then save/print this page.

MoMoney.

#12     Apr 23, 2006
  3. WD40

WD40

Wow! this is amazing. Thanks !!!

#13     Apr 23, 2006
  4. momoney...you are awesome!!!!!

#14     Apr 23, 2006
  5. vguy

vguy

Thanks DonnaV and others for the tips.

I see lots of ads in internet for Optionetics, OptionsUniversity,... Have anybody used these software? How much reliable are these software?

#15     Apr 25, 2006
  6. #16     Apr 25, 2006
  7. vguy

vguy

Thanks again Donna for the thread. I am planning to attend the free seminar from Optionetics, just to grasp some terms.

#17     Apr 28, 2006
  8. vguy, save yourself the aggravation of going to these "Free" courses. They are not free in the sense that once you give them your email and tel you will never be left alone. These teaser coarses are "roach motels" Once you go in, you can't come out w/o parting with some of your money. Most of the courses are superflous at best.

Get the ff books from these authors to get a good basic to intermediate background in options, open an account and trade 1q lots, record your trades, the date, IV stock levels and learn from them.

Starting from basic to advanced.
    1. Mcmillan, Larry
    2. Natenburg, Sheldon
    3. Cottle, Charles

Check out thinkorswim. They have online courses for free.
    Ask for materials from Option industry council.

#18     Apr 28, 2006
  9. agree..

#19     Apr 28, 2006
  10. WD40

WD40

agree that they are going to get some money off you. The worst part is they might make trading options look so easy that you are going to give some money to the market as well.

However, for $0, you can have a chance to talk to some former floortraders, market makers, and portfolio managers, and ask all the stupid questions you were afraid to ask on this forum. That's not too bad a deal.

#20     Apr 29, 2006