Thinking of career change

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by JLB123, Jan 28, 2007.

1. JLB123

JLB123

Hello,
    I am new here and after reading pages of posts I believe I can get some good advice from seasoned prop/traders here.

Currently I'm a financial analyst focuses on fixed income for an international bank. Over the past years I have developed a trading model using index options (buying calls only and not holding for more than 4 trading days). Six years of back-tested data looks good (to me :) , 71% accuracy) so I started to trade with optionsxpress during lunch hour and have increased the account value by 36% over the period of 9 months. After seeing this result it gives me a little bit more confident that I "might be" able to make a living by trading. With many questions in mind, I guess the most bothering ones to me are:

- Am I being too optimistic that any prop firm would back me up just because a few years of back-tested model and 9-10 months of tracking record?

- Any good reputation prop firm that you can suggest me to try my case in the Orange County, CA area?

- I traded index options because of the leverage I needed to make any significant gains based on my limited investable funds. But the model itself IS based on the trading of underlying ETFs. Does this serve as a good selling point to the backers because several products (stock/option/futures) can utilize this model? What sort of income range should I be expecting for a starter in my situation?

Thank you for reading and your input is greatly appreciated.