Thinking of buyign some books

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Moderate, Oct 2, 2007.

1. it snot about learning its about confidence

#11     Oct 4, 2007
  2. Here is a book for traders that don't use stops and have a scalping addiction

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.htm...62738812&afid=yahoosspplp_bmvd&lnm=0762738812|Books_:_How_to_Start_a_Home-Based_Landscaping_Business,_5th_(Home-Based_Business_Series)&ref=tgt_adv_XSNG1060

#12     Oct 6, 2007
  3. gaj

gaj

don - i'm partial to _techniques of tape reading_, by schumacher / graifer, a couple years ago.

or, if you want to go back 80 years, the books from richard wyckoff/rollo tape and humphrey neill tell a similar story.

in fact, techniques blows away the much self-hyped/self-published book mentioned so much on ET.

#13     Oct 6, 2007
  4. jsmooth

jsmooth

A few i would suggest...

Mind Over Markets - Dalton (its all Market Profile stuff but its a great book on the whole auction process)

The Logical Trader - Fisher (The ACD Trading system)

Douglas' first book - The Disiplined Trader (I actually liked it better than 'Trading in the Zone')

and Natenburg or Hulls book if your thinking about doing any option trading.

#14     Oct 6, 2007
  5. Yeah, the tape-reading book is ok for the retail type traders, better than most.

The thing that concerns me about most of the trading books is that they are aimed at the $20K at home trader. The entire approach to the market changes when you are able to trade with a $million or more...much easier IMO.

Regardless of the size of the account, however, it is much better to learn how to handle all your investing/trading yourself. A lot more money to be wasted on money managers and fund managers than learning how to handle your own hard earned money, again just MHO.

Don

#15     Oct 8, 2007
  6. piezoe

piezoe

7. books are a great way to go, but i would recommend listening/reading some of Denise Shull's stuff. She's excellent. Her website is www.traderpsyches.com... some stuff is free, other stuff you have to pay for, but even the free stuff is really useful.

#17     Oct 10, 2007
  8. Sulu268

Sulu268

Is that "Trading in the Zone" book recommendation the one by Ari Kiev or the one written by Mark Douglas?

#18     Nov 6, 2007
  9. hsmc1970

hsmc1970

That would be Mark Douglas.

It is an excellent book.

#19     Nov 6, 2007
  10. One book I would gladly recommend is Josh Lukeman's "The Market Maker's Edge"

It includes everything from psychology to technique.

And most of all, this guy is actually talking about stuff that come up when actually taking the trade. Chasing trades, sitting, overpaying etc...

my 2 cents.

#20     Nov 6, 2007