Thinking of buyign some books

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Moderate, Oct 2, 2007.

1. Trading in the Zone: Master the Market with Confidenc

Reminiscences of a Stock Operator (Wiley Investment Clas

Rich Dad, Poor Dad: What the Rich Teach Their Kids ($2 may as well)

Way of the Turtle: The Secret Methods that

An American Hedge Fund: How I Made $2

anything i should take off or add

my problem is putting my stops in the correct place and like i want to forget about stops, i have a scalping addiction

a book with a title "neglect fear, greed" woudl be cool

2. The Trading Athlete: Winning the Mental Game of Online Trading

sounds like what i need

3. I strongly suggest you focus your attention on the mental game. I don't know where you are in your development, but Trading in the Zone and Brett Steenbarger's latest book are a must. Once you have that figured out, ANY methodology or approach to trading can work.

4. ya i ordered

The Psychology of Trading: Tools and Techniques for M

rich dad poor dad

trading athlete

the steenberger i read makes you get the observer out of you which is something i've noticed exist, trading in the zone might get it later as well as an american hedge fund

5. Rich dad; poor dad is not really applicable to what you need here. It is a nice read and inspirational, but I would be very selective about what I fill my mind with since you will need to absorb a lot to get going with trading.

6. forex162

forex162

Reminiscences of a Stock Operator is amazing and I highly recommend it. A very fun read. You can get the online version here:

http://www.mypivots.com/articles/booktext.aspx?bookname=Reminiscences of a Stock Operator

7. I've gotten stopped out of some pretty amazing trades by 1 tic one !@#$ tic , hehe its pretty annoying.

started reading the stock operator as i wait for these books to get shipped, pretty fun stuff losing it all =)

8. The only two we recommend are the above, and "Data Driven Investing." www.datadrivenpublishing.com/ Which is my brother's favorite these last couple of years.

The Art of the Arb is a good primer on Pairs trading. This is pretty specialized, however (and written by a Bright Trader, so this is the disclosure statement). www.pairtrader.com

Don

9. [​IMG]

10. bendror

bendror

is one of you really learned something from a trading book ?

#10     Oct 4, 2007