Thinking like the Bigfish

Discussion in 'Trading' started by unretired, Jan 2, 2010.

1. It sounds like you are suggesting economic and social engineering by induced globalized megatrends.

Not sure.

#21     Jan 3, 2010
  2. Good post.

Sometimes I wonder what it would be like to be born yesterday. My mind wouldn't be cluttered with conventional thinking of the last couple of decades. Somehow reading about history is easier to comprehend than living through the period and trying to "think differently".

With that being said, their must be some reasons for the way the future of this country is headed and your post offers food for thought.

#22     Jan 3, 2010
  3. Hmmm ... excellent.
    I haven't thought of it like that before.
    "economic and social engineering by induced globalized megatrends."

I'm trying to wrap my head around the idea. ... Yeah ... as I understand what you are saying ... mostly. Except for the majority of modern day mega-trends are recognized, stimulated and capitalized upon by the power elite and ruling class ... but for the most part not controlled by them, only manipulated by degree and sector.

The movement and volume of modern time mega-trending markets have thus far exceeded their control. That control however is rapidly maturing with centralized efforts and may well be predictably governed by forced "green movement" ideologies that create somewhat manageable and possibly created mega-trend bubble economies.

These types of market control thinking happen continuously in market trading ... mini-wars per say ... the bigger they are the more sophisticated ... the more complex ... and possibly less able to control. Control then becomes more like steering a large ship rather than turning a corner in a Volkswagon.

On a large scale ... here is one example ... China has been the big buyer of US debt but was getting nervous and backing out of the auction ... Hillary spent time apparently trying to keep them committed ... they at the same time were holding large positions of Gold that a huge market scam short was being worked against them ... they broke the contract as they called it a scam for possession of the Gold ... they cut way back on their debt purchases and increased their buying of Gold and told their citizens to buy silver ... the US promptly increased Tarrifs on their Tire exports and their Solar panel exports. [Forcing big money payouts on the front end versus support on the back end by debt buying] OVERSIMPLIFIED

Gold jumped from $875 over $1000 in less than 90 days or thereabouts.

#23     Jan 3, 2010
  4. Nutmeg ... thanks for your comments. It is hard to think differently, as you say, when you are using your current reference points of time and experience and knowledge base.

However, like training to capture candlesticks and becoming disciplined to trim wicks for profit ... one must look at larger trend pictures to affirm capital preservation in smaller snapshots of time.

I really try to layer many things together from the largest picture down to the 15 min chart.

I have played with the very small "Big Fish" and been involved with 'Win-Win" deal structuring and negotiations.

The thinking processes are very "Zen and the Art of War" and Machiavellian and almost always smack of Hegelian dialectics as you dig at the core of power brokering deals.

#24     Jan 3, 2010
  5. I am not sure what you are talking about. But if the bubbles always need more room to grow and no bust(like you say), so now it is global, then what happens when no more countrys to go to?

#25     Jan 3, 2010
  6. Excellent question!
    I expect several possible moves before then.
    One ... a world political leader ... as the Pope just called for.
    Major issues in the Islamic world as they further pursue Latino Nation oil cooperatives and efforts towards a 'Petro-Currency." And the increasing danger of the Rise of "The Caliphate" they are looking for who will cause global upheaval and tragedy.
    I expect the Bank of International Settlements [World bank for all practical purposes] to begin enforcing a Basel 3 accord to replace the dangerous Bassel 2 accord that left greedy loopholes for bankers to have off book derivatave bets.

I don't have any provable answer to your question ... but I suspect efforts to reduce bad assets or people that consume more than they produce might come into the mix. It is part of several manifestos ... so that is a real possibility. Wars are very likely in the mix.

You may want to check out "Trends Research Institute" ... it is scary ... but I suspect mostly accurate ... at least in pockets and to degrees.
    http://www.trendsresearch.com/forecast.html
    http://www.trendsresearch.com/journal.html

#26     Jan 3, 2010
  7. Conflict and Rush for resources:

Some links on Bauxite ... China wants it ... they are heavily investing in resources in Africa.

"The Corporation of DC" doesn't like their acquisition and territorial interests for resources. Can you read between the lines?
    Is there a stirring conflict over bauxite ...

http://www.alertnet.org/thenews/newsdesk/L15774125.htm
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moussa_Dadis_Camara#Christmas_Coup
    http://news.alibaba.com/article/det...4859-1-china%2C-guinea-sign-%247-billion.html
    http://english.aljazeera.net/news/africa/2009/10/20091015172242286577.html

#27     Jan 4, 2010
  8. You need to look up the term hijack. Apparently you banged your forehead typing in while confusing "opinion" with "proven" or "evidence."

Baseless- would like to see you demonstrate this, as the only thing baseless is your entire set of assertions.

#28     Jan 4, 2010
  9. clacy

clacy

Mods, please move this thread to Psychology. I see absolutely nothing related to trading presented thus far by unretired.

#29     Jan 4, 2010
  10. Are you an alien?

#30     Jan 4, 2010