thinking about trading Nasdaq in asian

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by DC33, Nov 3, 2003.

1. cvds16

cvds16

bunds not enough volume ????? its probably the most liquid contract in the world !

#11     Nov 4, 2003
  2. Bravo, That's called control, Because you learned to be so
    deciplined to ignore opening of US market, Even it has so
    much potential for a good move, but you learned not to be
    glued to screen all the time.

I havn't overcome this, easy to say, but takes time to become
    part of you.

#12     Nov 4, 2003
  3. I just took my Esignal Package very recently, and when i had
    a look at Bunds chart, it looked like that.
    Your right, i were very surpried to see little volume, may be some
    problem with my chart setup or technicaly issue.
    I have to recheck it again. Sorry for that

#13     Nov 4, 2003

4. How familiar are you with prop firms in HK? Do they have competitive rates? How come you are not trading HK stocks or the Hang Seng Index?

#14     Nov 4, 2003
  5. DC33

DC33

i am not sure but i dont think HK have any day trading firms ...

trading from internet at home is really differnet then trading with all the ECN's and the great rate a prop firm offer ...

if you do know that there is prop trading fimrs in HK or taiwan please let me know ...

#15     Nov 5, 2003
  6. In Taiwan some of the small brokerages can set you up w/ a small private office & give you good rates. Well, local rates are a steal anyway. For locals with some capital, or locals who know someone in the industry, it is fairly easy to work out. I've known a handful of local private traders who trade out of an office at their broker's branch. A couple were even given use of a company car. Many of the small brokers are run by entrepreneur types that will front money to a trader they believe in, but it is their own pocket $$ so they need to know you. Of course this is not really 'prop' in the sense people here mean.

There are major restrictions on trading by foreigners so it is all but out of the question, unless you do it under the table, which I don't recommend.

Some of the large foreign brokerages like GS, ML, etc, run small prop desks that trade local Taiwan equities. These desks are either in Taiwan or more likely HK. Good luck. Here the strategies are largely dictated to you and I believe compensation is primarily salary based w/ bonus.

The local market is great to trade ... only problem is you have to be a local, or a deep pocket institution. Sigh ....

#16     Nov 5, 2003
  7. def

def Sponsor

all that except the financing is available via IB. with the level of broadband in HK, you wouldn't be giving up anything in terms of speed and execution.

#17     Nov 5, 2003
  8. DC33

DC33

so there is major restriction for non-local to trade the taiwan market?

is it illegal or restrictions apply for local to trade US market?

#18     Nov 5, 2003