Think You Know How Deep Trump-Russia Goes? Think Again:

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Spike Trader, Mar 17, 2018.

1. Think You Know How Deep Trump-Russia Goes? Think Again: This Chart/Info Will Blow Your Mind

Below you have the deepest exploration of the big picture of Trump’s crooked Russian business ties you can get from any single account, with a significant amount of information reported here not reported in this context by anyone else, and every detail is from a publicly available, credible, and cited source.

http://ir.net/news/politics/128259/think-know-deep-trump-russia-goes-think-chartinfo-will-blow-mind/

2. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

IR.NET --- what a joke

Factual Reporting: MIXED

Notes: Independent Reporter is a news reporting blog with a left wing bias in reporting. The Independent Reporter publishes current news stories with a left bias through wording and story selection. The headlines of articles are somewhat sensational, but typically match the contents of the articles. Overall, most stories favor the left and discredit the right.

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/independent-reporter-ir-net/

3. I hope the libtards morons reimburse taxpayers for all the lies!

4. piezoe

piezoe

I personally know nothing of IR.net, but I had already reached the conclusion, based on what I consider to be
    highly reliable, irrefutable evidence, that Trumps business activities are both heavily leveraged and heavily dependent on laundered Russian "Mob" money. It is clear; Trump has been intimately involved for a long time now in helping Russian mobsters to launder money through transactions involving Trump branded, and other, real estate, and various business ventures. I am personally confident that when these transactions are exposed to the full light of day they will be shown to have violated U.S. law. It would be impossible for Trump not to be aware of the nature of these transactions and naive for any of us to assume he is.

As far as I'm concerned my foregoing remarks are a statement of the obvious. What is yet to be settled are the veracity and legality of Trumps tax returns, but it is impossible for me to believe that on close examination these returns will not be shown, and rather easily so, to be fraudulent. It is impossible for me to accept that a pathological liar who has freely engaged in a serious of money laundering activities would not file intentionally duplicitous returns.

Whether Trump is impeached is irrelevant with respect to his culpability; whether he succeeds in disposing of Mueller is irrelevant -- he will try of course. He has culpability for money laundering and probably tax evasion too. (Few criminals, I would guess, admit their crimes by reporting ill gotten gains.) After he is out of office he will be indicted, and possibly even while in office. The statutes of limitations that might otherwise prevail will be tolled for his time in office. A Federal pardon would not absolve him of State Statute violations. He is in a heap of trouble. Why would someone who has committed criminal acts call attention to himself by running for the Presidency? The only explanation I can think of is out of control narcissism. He is a very sick man. Our country is in for some rough times. He will not go quietly into handcuffs. He will continue to create chaos on the way to court.

exGOPer likes this.
  5. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

Actually my honest opinion the article appears to be very detailed and has some good information -- but it attempts to make connections that simply do not exist and assertions that are meaningless.

My reaction to impugn the source is simply based on other characters posting on this forum immediately repudiating sources if they happen to be FOX or Breitbart or whatever without even reading the information. Everyone should have a open mind about news sources but understand their bias before taking in material.

The other part of the situation is that IR.net is not commonly posted here -- so people should immediately understand the bias of the news source before reading the article.

I do not believe that Trump will be indicted for anything involving the financial transactions involved in the article which covers finances involved in building hotels where he had involvement.

Mueller (or others) will need to provide information which demonstrates collusion or funding of Trump's presidential campaign directly from Russians to have any opportunity for asserting Trump was involved in any type of criminal activity.

6. piezoe

piezoe

I agree in part. I'm unqualified to say whether some connections exist or not, but some do seem meaningless in the present context of Trumps involvement. I think the author of that article was attempting to paint more or less a comprehensive picture of Russian business activities affecting politics in Ukraine and the U.S. and a rationale for these activities , especially with the objective of influencing Ukrainian politics. One assumes that that particular Russian activity has the objective of eventually affecting the re-uniting of Russia with Ukraine, or at minimum assuring that Ukraine is a cooperative and compliant partner of Russia.

*https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/22/us/politics/can-president-be-indicted-kenneth-starr-memo.html

I don't think this is true, and frankly I can't follow the logic of it. I would think that the evidence turned up by the Mueller investigation, if it is evidence of criminal activity, will continue to result in indictments, whether they involve "collusion" or not. I don't see any reason to think that being President makes one immune to indictment* and it has been made clear that Mueller has the greenlight to go wherever the investigation leads so long as it is leading to a probable crime.

7. With Russians technology vs US , image what the USA can do to Russia. Give it some serious thought . If Russians can influence USA , that means USA can influence Russia...

8. piezoe

piezoe

I just wanted to comment briefly on this word "collusion".. I don't think there is any direct evidence of the Trump campaign actively assisting the Russians in hacking American Social Media in an attempt to influence the election. "Collusion implies that there was active cooperation between the Trump campaign and the Russian hacking effort. I doubt that was the case. But it does seem inconceivable that it wasn't widely known in the upper echelon of the Trump campaign, and this would have included Trump, that the Russians were engaged in hacking U.S. social media on behalf of the Trump campaign.

Would an awareness of Russian involvement by the Trump campaign be collusion. I don't think so. Would it be unethical not to report it and try to do something about it? When Donald Segretti signaled to the Engineer of Ed Muskie's campaign train to pull out of the station while Muskie was still speaking, was it illegal, unethical, or wonderfully clever, creative, and annoying? Segretti spent a year as guest of the Taxpayers for other campaign "shenanigans". Are political ethics different than everyday ethics, than "business ethics"?

In the Press, there has been emphasis on "collusion." But the Mueller investigation is broad. I said a long time ago that Trump's problems will be money laundering and tax evasion. If there was collusion, and Mueller's boys prove it. Then all I can say is God Help Trump. That would be an extremely serious crime in the eyes of U.S. citizens, much more so than Money Laundering, Tax Evasion, and Obstruction of Justice. But it is the latter three areas I think where Trumps legal vulnerabilities lie. I doubt Trump will be charged with "collusion" But if he is, then God Help Him.

9. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

It's more of a question of political will and intent. The U.S. spy agencies are focused on gathering intelligence via hacking tools (this can be seen in the dump of their tools on the web) and using social media sites / internet providers for gathering information. There has been no leak showing the U.S. is using social media campaigns in foreign countries to influence external elections (admittedly they did use newspaper / radio in locations outside the U.S. to do this in the past in the 50s, 60s and 70s). The U.S. focus is more on large scale information gathering rather than using the web "offensively" to sway foreign public opinion.

The Russians have been very active in using social media to influence public opinion and elections outside their country in an "offensive" manner. Note that most of the campaigns are aimed at nearby neighbors (such as Ukraine) rather than the U.S. This can be seen by the leaks about the Internet Research Agency and other firms funded by their government to perform this work.

10. Snarkhund

Snarkhund

After over a year of investigating there is no evidence of collusion or anything even inappropriate occuring during the Trump campaign.

Its a nothing burger, much like Spike's intellect.

#10     Mar 18, 2018