Think or Swim

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by kinggyppo, Jan 8, 2009.

1. rickf

rickf

For me, I LOVE the fact the ToS platform is native on the Mac. I don't need to be only web-based, or use a Windows emulator to trade. The platform is slick, quick, useful, and all the other stuff we love about ToS.

Sad day, indeed.

#11     Jan 8, 2009
  2. sadly, seems like TOS will go the way of wealth lab..great tool catered to people who have no clue what to do with it.

#12     Jan 8, 2009
  3. :( I joined TOS last year after some highly respected option traders raved about them...now what??

Well, maybe riskdoctor(Charles M Cottle), one of the TOS Founders, knew something in advance, he is now demoing "Trade Monster" another web based broker site built by OptionsMonster" associated with Pete & John Najarian. Maybe it will be the rising star of online broker, or better yet. Maybe they'll come up with something similar to TOS software that is both online and downloadable.

SeaTrader

#13     Jan 8, 2009
  4. #14     Jan 8, 2009
  5. TOS to POS?

#15     Jan 8, 2009
  6. mo-jord

mo-jord

good one...

I feel bad for ToS customers.

#16     Jan 8, 2009
  7. nlslax

nlslax

Classic...:D

#17     Jan 8, 2009
  8. Ugh. Reminds me of the Schwab acquisition of Cybertrader.

#18     Jan 8, 2009
  9. S2007S

S2007S

Ameritrade buys a company every 1-2 years......

I had them got rid of them and then went back to them to open an IRA, still have no clue why im paying $9.99 a trade when I can go with my other broker and pay 0.01 a share.

#19     Jan 8, 2009
  10. Finding a good broker for an IRA is tough so it is understandable if you have them for this. I still have an IRA I rolled over from an old job to Scottrade but looking to manage it more actively so I may move it to IB

#20     Jan 8, 2009