Think or Swim

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by SCI new york, Apr 20, 2008.

1. I've heard a lot of good things about them and I just wanted to know how their platform is from the people here.

Im looking to trade equities, options, and ETFs, nothing really more than that. I trade options more often than anything else. I heard they have a great options sytem.

Can you transfer funds from another brokerage account to Think or Swim?

How is the support?

2. nimble

nimble

I have used ThinkOrSwim for two years now and exceeding happy with what I get.

Support is great.

The software is daunting to learn at the beginning, but once you get used to it, it is the best options analysis software for small investors, and it keeps on improving.

If you are a day trader, the interface is a little clunky. The paid or free options education from them is cheap for its quality.

3. Thank you.

Do you know if I can transfer assets from another brokerage account to them?

4. nimble

nimble

Yes, and they pay up to $75 or $100 for your ACAT.

I have done transfer out also.

Why not ask them? That will test out their support speed for yourself also.

5. If you are a futures day trader, you will be disappointed.
    Their emphasis is on option trading.
    That, they do well.
    Support ? Superb.
    Reliability ? the best.
    Unfortunately, NinjaTrader, Tradestation, and even ESignal make them look pretty weak when it comes to e-mini futures trading.
    I M H O.

6. well, I dont trade futures really so I suppose thats a good thing in this case. I have been getting more aggressive with options lately and still trade stocks.

I stick to stocks, ETFs, ADRs, options. Thats pretty much it, I like to keep it simple. I dont need to trade futures, bonds, or forex, so it sounds like this is the place to go to. Thank you very much for the input.