Think or Swim Vs. Ameritrade

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by oldchap, Jul 15, 2009.

1. oldchap

oldchap

The ToS platform that TDA offers to its customers is slightly different than the full ToS platform. There are some features and certain types of trades that the TDA version cannot complete. Tho TDA plans to have their version up to speed by Oct or Nov, I'm told by the TDA help line. But I don't know if there's benefits to being with TDA that ToS can't offer.

#11     Jul 16, 2009
  2. Looks very nice. Much much better than command center

#12     Jul 16, 2009
  3. If you trade mostly small lots. (500 shares or less) TOS should save you quite a bit on commissions. You can even negotiate the commission and get a discount from the regular 1.5 cents/share if you trade very much at all. I was told that my rate would be grandfathered in after the platforms merge.

#13     Jul 16, 2009
  4. Under "Trading Tools", I only see "Web Platform", "Command Center 2.0", "StrategyDesk", and "Options 360".

Do you have to enable it somewhere first? Or are they doing a gradual rollout?

#14     Jul 17, 2009
  5. harkm

harkm

Same here. I don't see any option for TOS.

#15     Jul 18, 2009
  6. After you click on "Trading Tools" and then "Trading Platforms" . . . there is a HUGE Green banner inviting you to "learn more and get started" with ToS.

You would have to be blind to miss it!
    :D

#16     Jul 19, 2009
  7. I just called Ameritrade cause I couldnt find it...only a select few can test it then after about 3 months everyone will be able to try it.... I am not one of the select few :eek:

#17     Jul 19, 2009
  8. I guess the "select few" doesn't include those who haven't touched their account in 5 years..

For those who have access, just out of curiosity, does it still include the CNBC feed?

#18     Jul 19, 2009
  9. Coolio

Coolio

Yes, ToS still has live CNBC for free. The feed runs as late as 8-9 pm EST too!

#19     Jul 19, 2009
  10. The kind rep I spoke with set me right up, just call up and ask nicely.

Very slick platform. I thought it was entirely Java-based, but was glad to see they have a standard executable version as well.

#20     Jul 22, 2009