Think Or Swim Trading Question

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by laeott, Apr 25, 2007.

1. Joab

Joab

Research Prop shops they are by far the best choice for ACTIVE / AGGRESSIVE traders.

#11     May 8, 2007

2. I have TOS account for trading options. I talked to them some time ago and they didn't have real Level II. How can I get time and sales? Is it free?

#12     May 8, 2007
  3. paden

paden

As I understand it, it is "free" if you have a certain level of activity, so, you are paying for it with your high volume in commissions, essentially.

#13     May 8, 2007
  4. laeott

laeott

I'm confused now. I liked tos because of the high reviews. Cyber trader, IBrokers seem like candidates, however I shy away because they have so many negative reviews. What is the best level II quote system? Would anyone go with cybertrader and Ib and why?

#14     May 8, 2007
  5. paden

paden

also, TOS is going to have time and sales available for everybody in the "near future"

I have no idea what the near future is, but given their trackrecord, I would say by July/Aug at the latest.

I can't say enough about TOS, but they meet my needs perfectly. the costs on the futures isn't bad.

plus, TOS gives you the chance to choose another commission plan (IB for instance) if you wish.

#15     May 8, 2007
  6. piezoe

piezoe

Go with TOS if you are trading equities or options with possible exception of scalping equities. They are not the best for futures. They don't have time and sales for anyone but their institutional customers, though they say they are getting it for everyone. Right now they offer trading in index futures, but they need improvement in the resources for futures trading that they offer. They recently added FOREX to their platform. All around they are very good, but there are still some places were improvement is needed, mainly futures and time and sales. They are tops in options, market education, and responsiveness to their customers. Their commissions are not the lowest but reasonable, considering what they offer, with the possible exception of futures commissions. Their Java platform is outstanding.

#16     May 8, 2007