think or swim sucks. any better way

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by stock_trad3r, Jun 24, 2013.

1. Maverick74

Maverick74

Honestly, if the guy can't figure out a platform that was made for a 5 year old to be able to trade, he has no business trading.

#11     Jun 25, 2013
    fishindamarket likes this.
  2. stunning1

stunning1

I'n new here and am having problems with the regular platform and never filling( slow fills) I did a search and saw your thread but joined and can't find. My problem is an hour later things are at 100 less on an option? The last price may be 4.10 and bid and ask sit at 4.40-4.60 and never changes.

#12     Feb 14, 2019
  3. maxinger

maxinger

Strange. You posted 10088. But zero Like? Something not right. Let me give u first like

#13     Feb 14, 2019
  4. stunning1

stunning1

me?

#14     Feb 18, 2019
  5. kandlekid

kandlekid

TOS is great software. I really love it. My problem is that it is possible for TOS to upgrade itself out of existence. As an example, I had an XP box with TOS installed. Worked great. Left it alone for a few years, went back several years later, and TOS "upgraded" itself so that it no longer worked on my XP box. Went from a working system to nonworking. TD Ameritrade said that XP is "no longer supported". But "no longer supported" normally means no support, bug fixes, etc. Not "formerly working software now does not work".

Last edited: Mar 1, 2019
    #15     Mar 1, 2019
  6. barata

barata

I haven't used it for a few months, but TOS was working normally on my WinXP computers. And it was upgrading itself most times when I started it up.

#16     Mar 3, 2019
  7. themickey

themickey

One of my pet hates, software that demands continual updates, the result, continually stuffing up your system settings as well as waste time while it downloads and reinstalls, often needing a computer reboot when in the middle of doing something important.
    IB is like that, same with Java and Skype.

#17     Mar 3, 2019
    piezoe likes this.
  8. stunning1

stunning1

Really. Their regular platform? I have a chome book so I don't use Think or sim plus I've heard sometimes it goes down for hours. I've only been using them since September and about 1 month in it was down 3 hours. I couldn't close anything out. Now say I buy a put at 10am at 700 at 1 pm it's get to where it should be at 7 and it'll go for say 6.10 and the bid and ask sit there at 620-30- say 6.40-50 and it never moves with 3000 OI. I open the site and have 4 open and I check all my options like that because as much as I hated Merill at least you could do everything from an order page. TD you can't just go to your order page and have it show live bid and ask unless you pop up the sell thing. I'm sure there's minipulation with institutions because I trade things such as BA, TSLA etc.

#18     Mar 20, 2019