think or swim problems

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by shneed, Oct 10, 2015.

1. I spent two hours today with a tda tech support rep today trying to resolve this problem. Not only did she manage to make changes to stop making my TOS to load (where we had no choice but to reinstall the app), she essentially told me that i had too much stuff going on and i had to reduce the clutter (such as drawings, charts, studies, etc). When i tried to explain why it was that they felt that users had to make adjustments to make their application work properly, which is why many of us sign up with them in the first place, my call got disconnected and i never got a call back.

What's more disappointing than what they've done to the app to make it terrible over the years is the lack of support for the app and its users. Begin by starting a forum where users can find answers and get an idea of what they can do to make things work better to common problems they have, instead of the need for a tech support rep to remotely control your desktop and be on the phone with you for 2+ hours. Put in place functions in the app so that, if indeed the app needs "flushing" of some kind to reduce load, it can enable the user to go about doing that in a relatively easy manner, instead of going about resolving it manually and tediously. If you want me to delete drawings, let me know AT LEAST where those drawings are (i can't possibly recall ALL drawings that i've made over the years) so i can review and delete them. I've spent the better part of this evening going through each and every possible stock, indicator, futures, etc., that i may have looked at in the past 10 years to find and delete drawings to make this damn thing work as it should. Why i need to do this and also pay them for it is just beyond me.

No one sells you a car then when you have problems, tell you to stop using the AC and the gas pedal so much so as to not put too much strain on the engine. Build a better engine, TDA. Putting on a new skin in the past month or so isn't fooling anyone.

#21     Dec 15, 2015
  2. TD is a marketing company. They don't give a f*ck about the individual. And when I say "they" I mean top management.

It's just a numbers game to those people.

#22     Dec 19, 2015
  3. Tried to join the TOS thinkScript group on Yahoo but did not get any response.
    https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/TOS_thinkscript/info

Do you have an idea how I could get into contact with the group owner (perhaps you are a member and could make contact to him)?

Thanks for any response.

#23     Feb 24, 2016
  4. So with their latest update, nearly all the problems seems to have gone away. All this time when they've been blaming you and how your setup is was the cause of the problem, finally addressing critical problems on their end fixed the app. Shame on them for not giving their clients straight answers and making people waste their time and be frustrated with no resolutions for months. Better late than never, i suppose.

#24     Feb 24, 2016
  5. gkishot

gkishot

Don't they deserve credit for taking note and fixing all the known issues? Good for them.

#25     Feb 24, 2016
  6. You wouldn't be saying that if you've had crippling problems with TOS for nearly a year.

#26     Feb 24, 2016
  7. gkishot

gkishot

You do realize that they have thousands of customers and the problems with ToS that you experienced were very nonstandard & unusual.

#27     Feb 24, 2016
  8. What makes you say that? The very fact that threads like this exist (google it) complaining about freezing up tells you that's not the case. The fact that they couldn't trouble shoot and fix it when i had them on the phone for two hours (with remote access to my pc), and all of a sudden it resolves with a major update tells me that it was a widely known issue for a long time. Your statement makes no sense. Your experience may differ than mine because you may have a different setup, such as a 32/64 bit, OS, and how you use tos. I wouldn't be so quick to make conclusions unless you know what you're talking about.

#28     Feb 24, 2016
  9. gkishot

gkishot

Google freezing up and put any broker you can think of. Even my internet provider freezes up intermittently.

#29     Feb 24, 2016
  10. Works ok here... Some nagging errors last week that went away on their own and There is lag at the open when you can't tell if the DOM or Chart is correct. And occasional Memory messages.. only 3 charts running (I have 16g!). Looking for Ninjatrader broker... The TDAmeritrade Ninja support excludes futures...;-((

#30     Feb 24, 2016