Think or swim problem today

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by JavaBen, Aug 12, 2011.

1. JavaBen

JavaBen

Good news! TOS made my account whole from the trade issues.

Wish it hadn't happened, but they did the right thing.

#11     Aug 12, 2011
  2. jayre

jayre

You should appriciate that, some brokers would never do that even if its their mistake. So I would say stick with TOS

#12     Aug 12, 2011
  3. limit orders :D

#13     Aug 12, 2011
  4. Catoosa

Catoosa

Much better to not have a problem that a client hopes the broker will resolve in their favor.

#14     Aug 13, 2011
  5. futuresj

futuresj

I was getting Rejected trying to Buy to Close on naked puts. Did this happen to anyone else?

#15     Aug 14, 2011
  6. piezoe

piezoe

One can be sympathetic to the difficulty of integrating the TOS and TD accounts and switching clearing firms. Nevertheless, in this case the integration is very far from seamless and some clients are bound to lose money because of it. They should be compensated if their loss is directly related to TD errors or platform malfunction due to the transfer. But all clients are being greatly inconvenienced. The proper thing to do would be to rebate commissions until the transfer of accounts is complete and everything is working properly, because their clients are having to assume additional risk (poor fills, not able to exit positions, erroneous fills, money in wrong account, etc.), to say nothing of annoyance. I don't expect they will do that. There are many other brokers and other very good platforms.

#16     Aug 15, 2011
  7. jayre

jayre

I guess you haven't had a problem with your broker yet with your broker. But unless a broker is "perfect" you want to know that when there is a one you will be made whole. There is a lot of people that have learnd that the hard way...

#17     Aug 15, 2011
  8. I am almost sure most of that lag time was merely the reporting back to you the trade went through.

#18     Aug 15, 2011