Think Or Swim and Options on Futures?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by traderjb, Jan 4, 2008.

Would you like TOS's platform to include options on futures?

1. Yes I do!

39 vote(s)
    83.0%
  2. Nope, no way!

8 vote(s)
    17.0%
  1. opt789

opt789

Yep, that is why I said "supposed to."
    The new target date is May 5th. We know they are close and actually working on it, but I am not going to hold my breath to see if they push it back again come next weekend.

#31     Apr 27, 2008
  2. I wonder what the hold up. Is it something technical?

#32     Apr 28, 2008
  3. opt789

opt789

Yes, there was an issue with continuity of the backup data feed that they want to make sure is working properly before live trading starts. If it is not Next Monday it will be soon thereafter.

#33     Apr 28, 2008
  4. moonmist

moonmist

Just received an E-mail from ThinkOrSwim:

They will launch options on futures tomorrow, and plan to turn them on for trading mid to late next week.:p

#34     May 2, 2008

5. oopah!:D

#35     May 2, 2008
  6. paden

paden

yep, this release is a good one. should be available early tomorrow.

#36     May 2, 2008
  7. I'd like to practice something out on the paper trading, will options on futures be available for that as well this week? By the way, good job so far.

#37     May 7, 2008
  8. Just went to the website to check on Futures Options. The only order type available are limit orders (GTC and Day Orders). This is not good. Also, no mention of comissions for FOP's. I think I would hold off on trading FOP's with TOS until they either get the bugs out or until they match up with IB's capability.

#38     May 8, 2008
  9. Commision price is available for a transaction on the trade preconfirm.

#39     May 8, 2008
  10. Seems only ES works, also not able to do Iron Condors or verticals. Say I short an OTM put, would I see a lessening in margin if I offset it with a separate long on another OTM put?

#40     May 9, 2008