Think Or Swim and Options on Futures?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by traderjb, Jan 4, 2008.

Would you like TOS's platform to include options on futures?

1. Yes I do!

39 vote(s)
    83.0%
  2. Nope, no way!

8 vote(s)
    17.0%
  1. #11     Jan 9, 2008
  2. moonmist

moonmist

Today is February 1, 2008. Any upadte/rumor ? :p

#12     Feb 1, 2008
  3. No word on products yet. They're releasing some needed software updates tomorrow and web updates in a week.

#13     Feb 1, 2008
  4. Sashe

Sashe

SPAN margin one of the reasons, also options on futures do have decent volumes and liq.

#14     Feb 1, 2008
  5. I have been trading future options on the index mini, gold and oil for the last 6 months and the spreads are not that much different on these futures products and it is all electronic and now I can use SPAM for my risked based haircut and not have to trade in a JBO structure for this cross margin between cash options and futures.

Much easier to keep proper risk now and now I can trade managed accounts and not have the risk others in a JBO affecting my investors capital and can also manage retirement and IRA funds with the same program.

As these markets become more liquid and more global markets arrive than we have ability to trade 2-3 sesion a day and increae returns...Its like having a extra shift or running your factory 18 to 24 hours.

#15     Feb 2, 2008
  6. what broker are you with that allows cross margining between cash options and futures???

you cannot cross margin between cash/equity products and futures products. for instance, between es options and spx index options; or between es futures and spy options; etc.

...at least not with a retail broker.

#16     Feb 3, 2008
  7. I asked Sosnoff and he told me it's scheduled for the next release in mid-march.

#17     Feb 3, 2008
  8. seriously fellas, if you're holding off trading futopts until TOS offer them, you're in for a long long wait...

#18     Feb 4, 2008
  9. opt789

opt789

A quote from Sosnoff this morning "options on futures are coming out right after backtesting. They are scheduled for late Feb/early March."

So it looks like at least a couple more months. Usually they keep pushing off deadlines as they approach, but they have been sticking with the Feb/March for awhile now so it would not surprise me if they have them before the end of March.

#19     Feb 4, 2008
  10. Yea, I agree on this one. I asked him later as in weeks or months and he gave me the mid-march release.

#20     Feb 4, 2008