Think of Swim for FUTURES?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by Algorithm, Dec 21, 2007.

1. I don't pay the regular commish. All you have to do is send the head honcho a message and he'll lower the rate based on volume and trade size that will match most futures broker's commissions.

#31     Dec 27, 2007
  2. Son, huh? lol heh heh I guess my personal preferences don't matter because I have only traded 3 years and I am not a bitter old man.

Whoops.

By the way, that was in fact a weak assumption on your part...or at the very least, you should try to rephrase next time to better get your point across.

I don't really give a shit what others have to say about IB or anywhere else, I am entitled to my opinion. My personal preference is a company that doesn't act like assholes if you need to call in, for whatever reason.

They are called fucking customer service for a reason. They want to aggressively advertise to the general public, then what kind of people do they expect to have signing up for accounts with them?

Shit, if they were more discriminating with who they allowed to open accounts with them, then yeah no problem..but hey, they want the business, they deal with the idiotic customers.

That's the deal.

I am not taking up for the people that should be doing their own homework, but the basic premise of customer service is that they are there to help.

If IB chooses to not go that route, and they instead focus their strengths to offering the lowest quotes and zero customer service...then fine, no problem..their prerogative.

It's also my prerogative to select a broker I enjoy conducting business with. Period. Personal decision. This does not make me an idiot.

See, with IB taking the first $10K of my interest bearing cash out of the equation each month, that essentially would cost me another (appx) $40 each month, which pretty much negates any savings on commissions, since I am a longer term trader...not to mention the minimum commission threshold you must meet or you have to pay a penalty...

You also factor in someone who wants to be an asshole to me if I need to call, and you've got yourself a subpar broker. In my opinion, which frankly is the only one that matters to me.

My viewpoints do not make me an idiot or indicate a requirement for hand-holding.

There are plenty of brokers out there who can compete with IB's rates (especially for longer term traders), who also pay interest, and also will answer a question if I have one, or won't be an asshole if something goes wrong in my account.

IB may be a better choice for some, but not for others....

#32     Dec 27, 2007

3. look old guy show me where it says that quotes are lagging ,its CHARTS that lagging ,when is some kind extreme movement . use your fucking glasses.and tell me that IB don't have any problems at all ok .and tell me what do you do when they do have some kind hick ups waiting three days for response? give me a brake . i'm paying 2.50 for futures and i'm very happy, now start telling me that i can have better rate somewhere else, yes i probably could but you know what they have my back and thats whats important to me.

#33     Dec 28, 2007
  4. I think the old one may be a little past due taking his medication tonight.

#34     Dec 28, 2007
  5. Wow, this thread got heated. LOL.

Bottomline. If you are a High frequency Futures trader TOS, for now, isnt for you.

If you are swing or position trader TOS is perfect for you.

I hate the order entry, but I love the analytics and the P&L summary pages.

#35     Dec 28, 2007
  6. Let's see now, here's what you yourself said earlier this thread:

Just in case you're having trouble reading your own words, here they are in caps: "THEY ARE A LITTLE SLOW".

Now, would you like to change what YOU said about your broker? Those of us who are following along are having a little trouble with your inconsistency.

OldTrader

#36     Dec 28, 2007
  7. The post above shows you "where it says". Use you fucking glasses fuckwad.

And by the way, IB has zero problems during extreme movement.

OldTrader

#37     Dec 28, 2007

8. what a fucking brainless idiot you are i have two news for you ,bad one and good one . the bad one is that from sickness you sick there is still no medication and the good one is that you going to die from it .its called debility

#38     Dec 28, 2007
  9. "i have two news for you, bad one and good one" Geezus, your English is priceless. Too bad customer service wasn't around to help you write that post. LOL!!!!!

OldTrader

#39     Dec 28, 2007
  10. opt789

opt789

Oldtrader,
    You really are completely worthless. I only hope you don't have any children to pass on such poor qualities. I realized what I said was ambiguous so I clarified it when I said that the TOS quotes are "some fraction of a second behind" because they are filtered. In most cases it is impossible to even notice and I also said the Prophet quotes/charts they also provide are fast. Then I said again "TOS quotes are not slow." The distinction here is that some scalpers only want to trade with a truly unfiltered direct feed to the CME. I said from my first post that a very active futures scalper would not trade with them because they don't offer all the things a scalper would want. But for anyone else a fraction of a fraction of second is irrelevant, and as I have said several times now they have two quote feeds, one is not filtered, and they have an institutional platform that is very fast.

If you notice this thread was going along fine until old fart steps in for no reason and starts attacking. Can we drop this whole thing now?

#40     Dec 28, 2007