Think of Jesus and pull the trigger...

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by OPTIONAL777, Jan 18, 2010.

1. Bullshit. Religion mostly came later and suffocated the founding fathers' intent.

http://www.earlyamerica.com/review/summer97/secular.html

#11     Jan 19, 2010
  2. jem

jem

that treaty is all you got?

the us supreme court said we were a christian nation. see our debate on et

until the 50s we taught religion in public schools see the debate on et

During the constitutional convention 3/4 of the states had ties and support for religious institutions. see book by law professor bernard siegan and others.

the separation clause was designed to keep the feds from naming a national church - like some of the states already endorsed.

many of the states required that many believe in Jesus and or God to hold public office.

#12     Jan 19, 2010
  3. Murray and I were discussing the founding fathers. As I noted, the religious suffocation came later. That's where your post stepped in. Try to keep up.

#13     Jan 19, 2010
  4. ================
    Gaby,I see your points/post/link. And while President T Jefferson cut out the miracles in his personal Bible, he still read his Bible much, lived/governed by some of its principles.

Jem I [respectfully]wish people would not completely rubberstamp that Supreme Court ''Christian nation ''quote, it certainly is partly accurate;
    but Judeo-Christian, or Hebrew -Christian
    foundation to our nation= is much more accurate.
    I am a Christian also, prefer the old Testament,Proverbs, Psalms......

Christians need to read more of old testament especially;

especially the old testament battles, where Joshua killed the Cannanites with the ''edge'' of the sword, same battle God killed more Cannanites with ''hailstones'' than Joshua did with his ''edge''

Think I am now doing some more hunting/target shooting;
    and may our ''edge '' always be sharp:D

#14     Jan 19, 2010