Think $41,000 Steep For A Chevy Volt? One Dealer Wants $20,000 Premium!

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by JoePaterno, Aug 3, 2010.

1. S2007S

S2007S

What kind of savings are we talking about when plugging these machines into your electrical outlet in your house. Prices near have gone up over the last few years, I think last time I calculated it was approximately .22-.28 cents/kwh, now this was around 2-3 years ago, I have yet to get the average kwh as of recent but will when the next bill rolls in. Now take millions of people buying up these electric cars and place them in major cities like ny, chicago, california. Electric cars could destabilize the distribution power in years to come as more electric cars enter the road. Cost of electricity will go up which will just cost the same price as filling your car with $3.50 regular gas.

#31     Dec 15, 2010
  2. all of you guys complain about buying cheap chinese stuff and so when there's an american product on the market, everyone laughs at it.

#32     Dec 15, 2010
  3. S2007S

S2007S

Who wants american made cars, most of the kids driving around my area drive hondas and toyotas which means for the next 50-70 years they will driving hondas and toyotas and not ford and gm.

#33     Dec 15, 2010
  4. One thing for sure, if Volt starts selling well, our Gov't will start buying this POS GM all the way upto mid 50's........the breakpoint. LOL

#34     Dec 15, 2010
  5. jprad

jprad

Lots of good information here:

http://www.eia.doe.gov/

#35     Dec 15, 2010
  6. another thing for sure.....we're gonna start seeing battery charging stations in Exxon.

#36     Dec 15, 2010
  7. I did some quick research and found that GM will only sell about 10k units of Volt in its first year. Leaf, about double that. This explains why some dealers would want premium on top of MSRP. you also get $7500 rebate from the govt for purchasing these electric cars. but you'll have to buy the charging stations separately(no idea how much $$).

http://www.crunchgear.com/2010/07/27/by-the-numbers-chevy-volt-vs-nissan-leaf/

#37     Dec 15, 2010