Things Suddenly Going Very Bad For Obama

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AAAintheBeltway, Sep 12, 2012.

1. http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0912/81103.html?hp=l1

Hill GOP leaves Romney out on limb on Libya

Senior Republicans on Capitol Hill are leaving GOP presidential nominee Mitt Romney out on a limb after he criticized President Barack Obama’s “disgraceful” handling of the assault on the U.S. embassy in Libya, which led to the death of U.S. ambassador Chris Stevens.

Indiana Sen. Dick Lugar, the top Republican on the Foreign Relations Committee who personally knew Stevens, refused to assign any blame to the Obama administration.

“My heart is with Mr. Stevens, my former staff member, my friend,” Lugar told POLITICO on Wednesday. As a Pearson Fellow to the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, Stevens served as a staffer for Lugar in 2006. Lugar helped shepherd Stevens’s nomination as ambassador through his panel earlier this year.

“I’m not going to make any comment about the political. None,” the senator added.

While Romney was very critical of Obama in a morning statement on the Libya attacks, senior Republicans across the board avoided criticizing the administration shortly after Stevens’ death was announced.

Obama didn’t even get a mention in most GOP press statements blasted Wednesday morning.

“We mourn for the families of our countrymen in Benghazi, and condemn this horrific attack,” House Speaker John Boehner said in a statement Wednesday.

“Eleven years after September 11, this is a jolting reminder that freedom remains under siege by forces around the globe who relish violence over free expression, and terror over democracy — and that America and free people everywhere must remain vigilant in defense of our liberties.”

Majority Leader Eric Cantor and Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell also declined to invoke Obama, signaling that for a second day in a row this was a time for Americans to come together and put election-year politics on hold. On Tuesday, Republicans and Democrats gathered on the steps of the Capitol to mark the 11th anniversary of the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks.

“Our thoughts and sympathy today are with the families of these brave Americans,” McConnell, a Kentucky Republican, said on the Senate floor. “These attacks remind us of the sacrifices made on a daily basis by foreign service officers, diplomatic security personnel, and our Marine Security Guards.”

Three of the most important voices on foreign policy — Sens. John McCain (R-Ariz.), Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) and Joe Lieberman (I-Conn.) — said they were “anguished and outraged” by the deaths of American diplomats, and considered Stevens a “friend.” But they, too, didn’t see fit to criticize the president the way Romney did.

#21     Sep 12, 2012
  2. At this point one would have to be really stupid or desperate to want to work for the Anti-american state dept as an employee or a guard.

The state dept is full of liberal pantywaist dipshits and you better believe the administration is ready to stab you in the back should you need reinforcement or the right to engage the enemy.

#22     Sep 12, 2012
  3. White liberals, perhaps.

Everyone else, lol.

#23     Sep 12, 2012
  4. Seems that everyone is trying to distance themselves from these ridiculous and made up lies from Romney. Again, for those who missed it, there is a difference between Reacting and Responding. Romney reacted, and woefully bad, while Obama was preparing a proper response.

And, again, to attempt to take advantage of Americans being killed to, in vain, attempt to further the GOP ticket, is sick and sad. Sorry people, but this is really low. Thank God we have Obama winning the election. Romney, and Heaven forbid something were to happen to him, Ryan attempting to run America, would be such a horrible mess that it would take decades to recover from

#24     Sep 12, 2012
  5. Yep, you got it, those AntiAmerican patriots who serve our Country. Really nice things to say PT. As I've tried to explain to you, you're better than that. You don't need the affirmation from these people, you can prove to yourself that you're a tough guy, and maybe even a thinker. But, you need to let go of the apron strings.

#25     Sep 12, 2012
  6. If you are an American patriot and you work for the state dept there are only 2 scenarios that fit:

1) You are a fricking idiot, to think the admin has your back .
    2) You are so close to retirement that you'll stay in a stupid situation in hopes of exiting with your pension. allah and hillary be willing of course.

#26     Sep 13, 2012
  7. Phoenix . . . you're better than that, surely.

#27     Sep 13, 2012
  8. I agree, if you can mop the floor with with the bum obama you have some real problems.

I felt the same way about Bush in 04. Kerry was a terrible candidate and bush was weak.

#28     Sep 13, 2012
  9. Thanks Mom, but I'm here picking on retards , so get over it.

#29     Sep 13, 2012
  10. Your continued accusations of lying are getting very tedious, particulalry considering you were caught out red-handed yesterday lying yourself. Either get out of the gutter or to ignore. Your choice.

I hardly consider Lugar, a RINO who was beaten in his primary, a leading figure in the party. Likewise, the three stooges McCain, Graham and Lieberman are war-crazed neo-cons who were loudly demanding that Obama send troops into Libya in addition to bombing the government. How is their judgment suddenly so valuable? They are even worse than Obama.

Romney's criticism was spot on, which is why the mainstream media were ordered to attack him. somehow Obama's clueless foreign policy became Romney's "gaffe."

The good news is the voters are so used to media lies that they barely pay attention. American diplomats being murdered and flags ripped down in countries we send billions to, that they get.

#30     Sep 13, 2012