Things Suddenly Going Very Bad For Obama

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AAAintheBeltway, Sep 12, 2012.

1. You can try to prove where Obama actually 'apologized' for America if you like.

The one time Obama did apologize, it was with good reason: the U.S. military had accidentally burned Qurans in Afghanistan, igniting protests. Even then, right wingers failed to see anything at issue but a display of American weakness. "

If you're comfortable thinking that we should just stand still and let Americans get away with any and all things that put many more Americans in harm's way, then so be it, AAA. I'm not too proud to admit mistakes when they happen. Only narrow minded bullies Stick to it, right or wrong.

#11     Sep 12, 2012
  2. Oh, Luke, you're always good for a smile.

#12     Sep 12, 2012
  3. pspr

pspr

If Obama wins we are doomed. Not so much by what he might do in a second term but by what he and other democrats have done to America already such that sufficient numbers of voters feel a need to re-elect him.

Are we already over the cusp? Ask me in about 58 days. We'll have our answer.

#13     Sep 12, 2012
  4. People do like free ice cream. That they do.

#14     Sep 12, 2012
  5. Lucrum

Lucrum

Too bad you're not good for any intellectual honesty.

#15     Sep 12, 2012
  6. you think obama had a bad day:

Foreign Policy Hands Voice Disbelief At Romney Cairo Statement

“Bungle… utter disaster…not ready for prime time… not presidential… Lehman moment.” And that's just the Republicans.

Posted Sep 12, 2012 11:10am EDT

Mitt Romney's sharply-worded attack on President Obama over a pair of deadly riots in Muslim countries last night has backfired badly among foreign policy hands of both parties, who cast it as hasty and off-key, released before the facts were clear at what has become a moment of tragedy.

Romney keyed his statement to the American Embassy in Cairo's condemnation of an anti-Muslim video that served as the trigger for the latest in a series of regional riots over obscure perceived slights to the faith. But his statement — initially embargoed to avoid release on September 11, then released yesterday evening anyway — came just before news that the American Ambassador to Libya had been killed and broke with a tradition of unity around national tragedies, and of avoiding hasty statements on foreign policy. It was the second time Romney has been burned by an early statement on a complex crisis: Romney denounced the Obama Administration's handling of a Chinese dissident's escape just as the Administration negotiated behind the scenes for his departure from the country.

"They were just trying to score a cheap news cycle hit based on the embassy statement and now it’s just completely blown up," said a very senior Republican foreign policy hand, who called the statement an "utter disaster" and a "Lehman moment" — a parallel to the moment when John McCain, amid the 2008 financial crisis, failed to come across as a steady leader.
    http://www.buzzfeed.com/bensmith/foreign-policy-hands-voice-disbelief-at-romney-cai

#16     Sep 12, 2012
  7. A long list of ridiculous and degrading Obama apologies are listed in another thread. I have been asked by the mods not to quote the same thing in different threads so I won't repost it here. You owe us all an apology for saying it was based on lies. If you want to weasel out bvy saying you relied on that blatantly wrong article you cited, you can do that.

I break apologies down into three categories. One, apologizing for something a past administration did, like say dropping a-bombs on japan. These are the most offensive apologies, because they are little more than assertions of moral superiority from the safety of the present.

Two, apologies for things we shouldn't be apologizing for, like this film or burning a few korans by mistake. When you apologize for stuff that is protected by our laws and constitution, you are one step from submitting to sharia law, which of course is the objective of the protests.

Three, apologizing for legitimate mistakes, like dropping a bomb on the wrong house in afghanistan. I can see some justification for these, but I think they are misguided. We are applying our values to people who don't share them. They see our apologies as nothing but weakness. A better way to deal with the situation is to tell them if they had told us where the taliban were hiding, the mistake wouldn't have happened, so it's really their own friggin' fault. And when an IED blows up some of our guys and we know the whole damn village was aware it was there but didn't warn us, time to do what the Israelis do. Bring in the bulldozers and level the place. Lesson. Learned.

#17     Sep 12, 2012
  8. BSAM

BSAM

Now you're talking, son.
    Brother AAA, you have read how WWII was ended, right?
    These endless wars is startin' to git a little old.

#18     Sep 12, 2012
  9. Brass

Brass

Seriously, AAA?

[​IMG]

The Romney/Ryan ticket: embarrassing, sure, but it's the gift that keeps on giving.

#19     Sep 12, 2012
  10. Romney is on the back foot at the moment, frozen by a barrage of of criticism for politicizing our ambassadors death

#20     Sep 12, 2012