They're Back! Mob Attacks 2.0

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Maverick74, Jul 4, 2011.

1. Eight

Eight

OH hell yes!! The Russian Commies sat tight waiting for capitalism to fail because machines put people out of work. Their timing was bad, in the West technology created jobs for awhile way more than it displaced them but starting in 1970 our recessions have had increasingly "jobless" recoveries. People get laid off and the employers don't find the need to replace them later on because the productivity improvements had already taken care of that... this current thing that is going on is incredible, more and more people on food stamps while the stock markets go to new highs.. Over time our workers are going to get starved out... the standard of living should head back towards what it was in the 1800's when people had goats, chickens and gardens... it's not that bad of a scenario really, they would be getting a better diet and could have a layer of high tech entertainment /learning /discourse and medical help overlayed...

I made my personal adjustment to all this by working in technology, having my hobbies in technology, using technology to trade, etc.. I was building radios for hobby use in the 1950's, repairing computers in 1975, playing on the internet in the 1980's and developing chipsets in the 1990's... I do feel for the ditch diggers though, wow, replaced by technology, replaced by Mexicans that can work harder for a third the pay...

#51     Jul 6, 2011
  2. We're living in a society that's something like this:

"Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Give the man a fish every day of his life, get reelected."

#52     Jul 6, 2011