They stopped watering the lawns

Discussion in 'Economics' started by dividend, Jun 18, 2008.

1. #11     Jun 19, 2008
  2. The name "Envy Lawn" gave me a good chuckle.

It reminds me of Sayyid Qutb, the founder of radical islamism, who's hatred of American culture culminated in a detailed description of his disgust with the way Americans tended to their lawns.

So remember, they hate you not for your freedom, they hate you for your bloody lawns! :)

#12     Jun 20, 2008
  3. Joab

Joab

Replace the grass with rocks, looks great and is more enviro friendly.

#13     Jun 20, 2008
  4. seriously?

that's a lot of paint,

given all the thousands of homes in 4x-CXL-ure

#14     Jun 20, 2008
  5. By the way, a few days ago I tried to avoid traffic and tried finding my way by going through local roads. I saw for sale signs up like I have not seen before. It looked exactly like the pictures in NYT where houses next to each other have for sale signs lined up. Maybe at a rate of 2 out of 10 to 15 homes had signs up. These are not McMansions, but smaller homes in middle class town

#15     Jun 22, 2008
  6. Yes, there is in California.
    Driest March and April in history.

#16     Jun 22, 2008
  7. Not surprising since most people do not put their homes on the market until school gets out in June.

#17     Jun 22, 2008
  8. Banks incompetent? Where do you guys get these ideas from? Banks are never incompetent. Greeny has never been incompetent, Bernie is totally competent and so is GWB.

These are totally ridiculous statements. :D

#18     Jun 22, 2008
  9. I just got back to LA after a longer break from Southern California, and that was one of the first things I noticed in my friend's hood. They look kinda funny. A bit like poor quality fur.

Gotta run. It's getting too hot down here. It's a beach time!

#19     Jun 22, 2008

10. How is this post trading related? Someone's random thoughts.

#20     Jun 22, 2008