They seize checking accounts for unpaid hospital bills?????

Discussion in 'Economics' started by misterno, Feb 14, 2012.

1. Imo, a waste of time. I won a judgement against a customer- another small business (small claims court), maybe $900.

Not worth the hassle,

Learned my lesson to walk away from any losses in business. The more you think about them the worse it gets.

Going forward, I did a better job of checking out who you want as a customer.

#41     Feb 16, 2012
  2. I once looked into getting into the business of collecting judgements. Finding someones bank account is not like going into a computer database and looking it up. You actually have to KNOW what bank the debtor banks at to seize his bank account. Judge will not grant an order for you to randomly go to different banks and ask "does Mr. debtor have an account here?" You have to have the specific bank, then you get the order to seize his account. You can also do this with property they own. You can do a forced sale. 99% of creditors will not do this though, but they do hire people that will do that kind of detective work. Typically the collector will get 50% of everything collected, so the collector tries to make sure its worth his time to go after a bank account. (Dont want to seize an account with only $50 in it). Anyway, something must have flagged this guy as having a decent amount of money to go after for a collector to do this kind of stakeout on this guy.

#42     Feb 16, 2012
  3. Bob111

Bob111

can't you get this info thru credit report? at least bank name itself will be there. next step-call or visit this bank's branch

#43     Feb 17, 2012
  4. Eight

Eight

it's good to get a check from everybody and then by the time they start making trouble you can hope they still bank at that same bank...

#44     Feb 17, 2012
  5. ashatet

ashatet

gosh, he is a young person, can anyone who is blaming him tell me what else could he do. He lives in a country where a house costs the same amount as a major operation. If medicine were to become free market, this would not happen, the whole system is setup against anyone who is in less than stellar health. Bills, bills, bills, they never end, it was not like this in the old days, people had less stuff, and they had less bills to pay and medicine was cheap.

#45     Feb 18, 2012