They seize checking accounts for unpaid hospital bills?????

Discussion in 'Economics' started by misterno, Feb 14, 2012.

1. It's always been that way, subject to state laws and all states have different laws. If a creditor waits too long to get a judgement then he's out of luck to collect through the courts and after 7 years of inactivity they can't ding the credit report either.
    I'm in construction and when someone doesn't pay me I drive by their property I worked on and when I see a Realtor for sale sign I know to watch more frequently. When it's sold I call the Realtor and get the name of the title company and fax them an invoice with interest. They won't close on the house without paying me, I've collected like this a few times and there isn't a time limit. The last one I collected one was over three years old, and I got my money :).

#21     Feb 14, 2012
  2. Lucrum

Lucrum

Well..I'm not seeing that bigarrow. They appear to be more for non working welfare queens than me. At least from where I sit.

#22     Feb 14, 2012
  3. Free healthcare for everybody below age 75. No more healthcare after 75. Solves all budget problems.:D

#23     Feb 14, 2012
  4. Now there's a man with a plan.

#24     Feb 14, 2012
  5. ammo

ammo

don't kid yourself,if that were true,obama a democrat,would have made changes,everything is status quo,the only reason there are two parties is so we can argue,your stupid,no you are ,rep or dem,divide and conquer,neither party is running the country ,its just that their masters have different financial objectives,regardless of what those are,they are still primarily financial and the people are one gov check from poverty,helps keep things under control...and if you remember back 4 years,obama ran on a lot of things ron paul is saying,big bad govt,time for a change in washington,i'm for the avg citizen,joe six pack,why in the hell is he running on the rep ticket when he's an independent,he sounds great but so did obama...big biz is all international now and american military and financial power carries a lot of clout..none of that will change, nor will the financial state of the avg joe

#25     Feb 14, 2012
  6. Bob111

Bob111

7. cstfx

cstfx

You got it backwards: if you have insurance, the doctor/medical lab/office submits bills to the insurance companies that are more than twice what you are charged without insurance. (Wonder why insurance rates are so high?) Ins Co. routinely pays half to third of amt submitted. Doctors inflate prices to get the most from insurance companies - some people would call that fraud. You can easily check what is submitted to your insurance company by logging into your account to see.

* Past year I have been uninsured - being self-employed, at times it is cheaper to pay bills out of pocket if you are relatively healthy than monthly insurance bill - and we have been paying for kids' checkups with cash. I have compared this to what our insurance company was being charged prior by the same doctors and it was more than twice the cash price. You should try it sometime to see if this is true or not.

*actual first-hand experience, not some fanciful conjecture

#27     Feb 14, 2012

8. Each party serves its own constiuency.
    Why the heck would anyone think a change in the political leadership suddenly makes everyone a winner?

#28     Feb 14, 2012
  9. Make it 80 and I'm in!

#29     Feb 14, 2012
  10. I'm going through some first hand experience as we speak. I had a colonoscopy (SP?) done last year. Insurance by state law was supposed to pay, since I've had the policy before the law went into effect I was grandfathered into the they don't have to pay category and after I was told explicitly by my agent they would pay because it is required by state law. I already had the procedure scheduled when the insurance called and told me they wouldn't pay. I called for prices at the hospital where it was being done. Guess what my final bill came in 3x's what I was told, three fucking times higher. And they were kind enough to tell me if I came in and paid in full they would cut my bill in half, still 50% higher than the phone quote. This is an actual on going first hand experience. I hate the whole process, time for a single payer system. If the doctors don't like it, let them check out the job market and see how much they can make without the racket protecting them.
    And the kicker is for the poor who don't have an extra 6 thousand dollars lying around, those will not get a colonoscopy and get the polyps removed and some of those polyps will turn cancerous and some of those people will needlessly die. It is happening today in America.

#30     Feb 14, 2012