They seize checking accounts for unpaid hospital bills?????

Discussion in 'Economics' started by misterno, Feb 14, 2012.

1. Here's the way the hospital and doctor scam works. For someone who doesn't have insurance their bill is at least twice as large as they would charge an insurance company. If you contact the medical providers they will cut the bill in half if you pay IN FULL. This cash price is still higher than they charge the insurance companies. So the poor sap with a hospital bill of tens of thousands of dollars and is out of work because of his medical problems gets his credit tagged at twice the real bill.

Screw the present system, single payer, Obama 2012.

#11     Feb 14, 2012
  2. zdreg

zdreg

#12     Feb 14, 2012
  3. Lucrum

Lucrum

As bad as the present system is I'd rather keep it than endure for more years of Obama. But I'm sure that's just me.

Having to pay extra for your meds are you?
    You poor bastard.

#13     Feb 14, 2012
  4. Actually I do.

[​IMG]

#14     Feb 14, 2012
  5. zdreg

zdreg

don't flatter yourself. it is time for you get a grip on reality. however we will make believe that your use of for instead of four was a typo.

#15     Feb 14, 2012
  6. Scare tactic article. No proof, he just knows it is missing. He could have did it himself. Let's see his bank statement . He probably gave approval during one of his lapses at best.

#16     Feb 14, 2012
  7. Here is the way I see it. The Republican party is for big business, corporate military complex, big pharmacy and the wealthy, to the extreme of having the whole financial and tax system skewed in their favor and with the middle class paying the way and are for making it even worse for the working man with high taxes and lower benefits and less security. The right is for an old world type feudal system where the wealthy can pass down their ever increasing wealth with much of it never being taxed for income and for removing laws which protect the working man.
    For all their faults the democrats are for the working man, which is who all of government should be for, since we are the majority.
    You are a working man Lucrum like most of us here, the republicans do not represent us.

#17     Feb 14, 2012
  8. the republican and democrats are the exact same. obama is bush on steriods in basically every issue imaginable.

bush went to war with iraq / afghanistan
    obama (nobel peace winner) expanded operations into libya, egypt and is now dying to go into syria and iran (expanding profits for the military industrial complex)

bush had his prescription drug plan
    obama expanded that to take over healthcare (expanding profits for insurers who vastly increased premiums)

bush expanded gov't and lowered taxes
    obama continued to expand gov't and actually lowered taxes further (further digging us into debt)

bush stript americans of their rights through the patriot act
    obama expanded this to strip you of a right to a trial and give himself the power to strip you of your citizenship if he felt like it (awesome isn't it)

bush supported the first bank bailout
    obama supported the second bank bailout (further stealing from the populace to support zombie banks)

how are they different from each other? both parties right now stand for stripping individuals of any liberties they might think they were guaranteed by our country's founding documents, growing government bureaucracy to an unimaginable level, and making ludicrous promises of all of the free things that you will get in the future if you vote for them. i would argue that obama is actually worse for the middle / lower class than bush was simply because he took our irresponsible fiscal policies to a previously unknown extreme. the victim of that is our currency and through inflation (the worst tax on the lower classes imaginable) wealth will be stript "equally" from our country as our money becomes toilet paper... but the wealthy have the wherewithall to purchase physical goods (and sometimes on margin) that soar in value during inflation, whereas the poor are defenseless.

you should really take your head out of the sand and take a realistic view of what is going on here.

#18     Feb 14, 2012
  9. Hey man, I'm not voting for Paul.

#19     Feb 14, 2012
  10. I still don't get it

So any private company -with a court order- can seize my money in the bank?

Is this a correct statement? When the !@#$ this happened? What happened to collection agencies keep calling you or mailing you?

What and when did the system change?

Better way to ask it is; why some companies choose collection agency route and some choose to seize the money in the bank? The latter seems to better if you ask me. Or maybe court order is hard to get?

Can someone enlighten us?

#20     Feb 14, 2012