They just banned short selling in US

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by nitro, Sep 18, 2008.

1. nitro

nitro

LOL!

nitro :D

#21     Sep 18, 2008
  2. mxjones

mxjones

Jim Cramer
    BAN ON SHORT SELLING
    9/18/2008 8:03 PM EDT
    Oh man this Chris Cox is so bad. If he initiates a temporary ban on short selling every hedge that a goldman or a morgan has will go bust and he could put them out of business. This guy is a total loose cannon, All he has to do is simply bring back the old rules,. How could he be so wreckless and foolish? I hope the Journal's article is just plain wrong

Position: none

#22     Sep 18, 2008
  3. Hey, what happens when your short call gets assigned? You'd normally end up short the stock.

#23     Sep 18, 2008
  4. dhpar

dhpar

not going to happen...
    if the measure is temporary then why would anybody buy now when s/he thinks that after the temporary period SIFs should be lower?.....

#24     Sep 18, 2008
  5. I am still tripping out.

This is going to screw the markets in so many ways.

What the hell is to stop AAPL from trading at $500/share now?

its off to the races folks... load em up!

#25     Sep 18, 2008
  6. mskl

mskl

If someone is bearish they should be able to do whatever they want. If there is intrinsic value in a company then someone would step up and buy - pretty simple stuff here....

Would we hear any complaining if someone who was bullish bough the equity, bought calls, bought the bonds and shorted the CDS's?

Unbelievable

#26     Sep 18, 2008

7. DAMN the LIBERALS and their huge bureaucracies and nanny governments

#27     Sep 18, 2008
  8. i guess wall street will probably just make more inverse etf 's to accomodate daytraders, might not be a huge deal unless you are a abritrage autotrade type guy. It still sucks ass and i really ahte these people.

#28     Sep 18, 2008
  9. jasonjm

jasonjm

is this all speculation, or can someone please post a verifiable SOURCE

#29     Sep 18, 2008
  10. Get yer stocks now...this blue plate special will only be around till about October 29th...
    when the Fed is forced to hike short rates...

#30     Sep 18, 2008