They just banned short selling in US

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by nitro, Sep 18, 2008.

1. mxjones

mxjones

Why isn't this being talked about more on CNBC? This should be the biggest story in 20 years. Is this all BS?

#11     Sep 18, 2008
  2. Fuck! I wish i had access to SIF's. Equity option trading has its limitations. I would lift offers until out of buying power right now!!!

#12     Sep 18, 2008
  3. nitro

nitro

You think it is a bluff?

LOL.

nitro

#13     Sep 18, 2008
  4. just21

just21

Futures having second thoughts.

#14     Sep 18, 2008
  5. Iceman14

Iceman14

Not sure it's such a bad thing, to be honest. Maybe they can make it a temporary 60 to 90 day moratorium.

Don't flame me, but the only reason I say this is because of these CDO mothers. Do you guys know what these CDO traders were doing?? They were buying these CDO swaps and shorting the stocks that they were against, so that the CDOs could land in the money! The way the CDO swap gained in value is when the likelihood of the company that they were against were more likely to go bankrupt! It was previously a protective play, not a speculative one!! I don't know, call me crazy, but that part of the system is f'ed up.

It's not a natural hedge -- it is subverting simple risk management to essentially force the flat price to go your way. Not cool.

#15     Sep 18, 2008
  6. Die, heretic! :cool:

#16     Sep 18, 2008
  7. nitro

nitro

Yes, but No. It is because they are annoucing the RTC is not going to be law tomorrow.

In fact, it makes sense. Ban short selling until the RTC is brought into law. Banning short selling is even more powerful than RTC.

nitro

#17     Sep 18, 2008
  8. Maybe, maybe not, but that volume spike capitulation top was due to a previous pivot in ES getting blown through. quick and easy scalps... instead of posting a blotter I should be watching the market :p

#18     Sep 18, 2008
  9. nitro

nitro

As soon as this law is verified on sec.gov, SIFs gap up 30 handles.

nitro

#19     Sep 18, 2008
  10. man this is so wacked. The gov wants to ruin everything i do to make money, poker, trading. But they still want their half of my profit fking scumbags.

#20     Sep 18, 2008