they arent very bright bright in texas. govrenor asks people to pray for rain.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Free Thinker, Apr 25, 2011.

1. when your leader believes you can pray and make it rain you have a problem. what is it about religion that allows people to make statements every thinking person is not possible and no one laughs:

Gov. Perry Issues Proclamation for Days of Prayer for Rain in Texas

TO ALL TO WHOM THESE PRESENTS SHALL COME:

WHEREAS, the state of Texas is in the midst of an exceptional drought, with some parts of the state receiving no significant rainfall for almost three months, matching rainfall deficit records dating back to the 1930s; and

WHEREAS, a combination of higher than normal temperatures, low precipitation and low relative humidity has caused an extreme fire danger over most of the State, sparking more than 8,000 wildfires which have cost several lives, engulfed more than 1.8 million acres of land and destroyed almost 400 homes, causing me to issue an ongoing disaster declaration since December of last year; and

WHEREAS, these dire conditions have caused agricultural crops to fail, lake and reservoir levels to fall and cattle and livestock to struggle under intense stress, imposing a tremendous financial and emotional toll on our land and our people; and

WHEREAS, throughout our history, both as a state and as individuals, Texans have been strengthened, assured and lifted up through prayer; it seems right and fitting that the people of Texas should join together in prayer to humbly seek an end to this devastating drought and these dangerous wildfires;

NOW, THEREFORE, I, RICK PERRY, Governor of Texas, under the authority vested in me by the Constitution and Statutes of the State of Texas, do hereby proclaim the three-day period from Friday, April 22, 2011, to Sunday, April 24, 2011, as Days of Prayer for Rain in the State of Texas. I urge Texans of all faiths and traditions to offer prayers on that day for the healing of our land, the rebuilding of our communities and the restoration of our normal way of life.

http://governor.state.tx.us/news/proclamation/16038/

2. At first I thought this had to be joke :(

3. Obama tells you guys he can make the oceans recede.

What's the difference?

4. Ricter

Ricter

Probability.

5. So Obama is probably not a god?

7. I live in Texas, hasn't rained.

9. The most precious thing about liberals is when they open their mouths.

Looks like liberals are saying all muslims are not very bright. Well done.

Muslims pray for rain in drought-hit Guyana
    GEORGETOWN, March 27 | Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:56pm EDT
    (Reuters) - Muslims across Guyana prayed for rain on Saturday to end a drought that has battered the tiny South American nation's rice and sugar exports and caused food shortages in indigenous communities.

The government of the former British colony of about 750,000 people is struggling to irrigate farmland, with water at storage points reaching dangerously low levels.

The Central Islamic Organisation of Guyana (CIOG), which represents Muslims in 145 mosques across the multiethnic nation, organized a day of prayers for rain.

"This activity is consistent with the Sunnah of the Prophet Mohammad beseeching the Creator to cause the rain to descend and alleviate sufferings," said one CIOG leader, Shaykh Moeenul.

Muslims make up about 7 percent of Guyana's population, with Hindus at 28 percent and Christians making up most of the rest across various denominations.

Guyana is one of several countries in the region, including neighboring Venezuela, that have been parched by drought since the end of last year.

"The Amerindian communities are really badly hit," President Bharrat Jagdeo said on Friday of the indigenous people who make up nearly a 10th of Guyana's population. "We have been supplying food to some communities but I need to increase that significantly."

The state-owned Guyana Sugar Corporation said this week that cane growth and development had been affected at five of its eight estates. Replanting had to be cut back on four estates, it said.

Guyana Sugar said the full impact on sugar production would not be known until the end of the second crop of 2010.

Export earnings from sugar fell 10.2 percent in 2009 to $119.8 million from a year earlier and rice export earnings fell 3.3 percent to $114.1 million. (Reporting by Neil Marks; Editing by John O'Callaghan)

10. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

it's difficult to take threads like this seriously when the title is:

"they arent very bright bright in texas. govrenor asks people to pray for rain."

hint for tinkerbell: if you're going to refer to someone as stupid, in some fashion, it is best to make sure you don't appear an idiot as well.

#10     Apr 25, 2011