They are dumpping solar stocks now

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by codedeep007, Nov 4, 2008.

1. No one wants to invest on solar when oil drops like a rock, the return will takes forever. When the election is over, you might not be able to sell those solar stocks.

2. I think you should have posted this some months ago.

I can imagine if Obama is elected then that means bad things for oil, but good things for solar. I can imagine a more solar friendly future with Obama. Tax credits, less regulation, etc.

However, McCain will probably be friendly to Mr. Exxon and Mr. Chevron and take a hardline with Mr. Solar.

I dont see McCain being elected at this point and will rejoice in the solar trade that I have been long the last several days.

Mr. Obama will make Mr. Coal go bankrupt per McCain. Coal will go bankrupt, but solar wont...

3. Mecro

Mecro

There is little correllation between oil & solar. Just ignorant average joes like you who make that assumption without bothering to research. There is a mass opinion driving this, but regardless.

The demand for solar is falling for a different reason than a falling oil prices. The way the markets are right now, you can even say that falling oil is causing lower interest rates.