These people who are shorting ES tonight ...

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by aphexcoil, Sep 2, 2002.

1. I've learned that lesson way too many times myself.... Sounds ridiculous that the hardest part of trading is following your own rules!

Good luck aphex.

#31     Sep 3, 2002
  2. Quah

Quah

This post and the action today are a perfect example of why you shouldn't criticize another traders trades. No one knows for sure what is going to happen - and nothing is a fact until after it happens. Fact - whoever was shorting ES last night is about +30 now....

#32     Sep 3, 2002

3. Aphie,

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems to me that you shorted around 9:35 AM ?
    Just an advise, leave the first 30 min. of the day to gamblers and veteran traders. If you keep 'playing' in the first 30 min., it will make you go blind and/or insane and/or very poor :)

Cheers !!!:cool:

#33     Sep 3, 2002
  4. aphex-
    learn from this.

and remember, "there is no spoon".

uptik2000:cool:

#34     Sep 3, 2002
  5. I must admit, I don't like the taste of rubber in my mouth, but I got it today. Although I had a good trading day on paper, I shouldn't have assumed that the people shorting last night were crazy -- since they just made a 75% return on their investment.

As for trading in the first 30 minutes .... it is pretty crazy -- I will avoid that for awhile.

aphie

#35     Sep 3, 2002
  6. Half brag half educational:

This trade was worth 41+ points for me. Signaled short Friday at 919.50.

#36     Sep 3, 2002
  7. Please post more often! I need a reliable fade!

#37     Sep 3, 2002
  8. What you need is to see a good proctologist to get that head out of your a$$.

aphie

#38     Sep 3, 2002
  9. After starting a thread called turning 5k into a million. And then this one. How do you expect your credibility to not be called on. If I could short you Alphie, that's a trade I would be all over!

#39     Sep 3, 2002
  10. hehe... yeah i was gonna say...

"These people who are shorting ES tonight ..."

were smart.

#40     Sep 3, 2002