These Larry Williams systems..?!

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by MISSSNP, Oct 22, 2004.

1. MISSSNP

MISSSNP

all i was asking is that if anyone...had access to the RULES AND MATHEMATICS OR LOGIC BEHIND THESE 3 APPROACHES THAT WILLIAMS IS TOUTING. I DID NOT WANT TO GET A DISCUSSION STARTED ON 100% WINNERS, OPTIMIZATION, ETC..
    Can anyone help me?????

Paula

#11     Oct 23, 2004
  2. FredBloggs

FredBloggs Guest

Hey guys - I just luuuurve larry W

in fact i luuuurrve him soooooooooo much ive coppied him:

ive taken the %D part of the stochastic indicator and it is now officially known as the % Bloggs

just like luvly larry - being the clever dude he is took the %K and called it % Williams - and all the suckers bought it

come on guys THINK! if u could make money as easy as larry would have u believe (100%) would u bother getting out of bed in the morning to peddle this rubbish? no - you'd stay in bed with your wireless keyboard and make a few 100k before breakfast - after all its 100% right - u cant fail can u!

where do i sign up? i wanna b just like larry snake oil.....

#12     Oct 23, 2004
  3. FredBloggs

FredBloggs Guest

paula - sorry darling, but why not put your hand in your pocket and pay larry his money 2 find out?? u dont get nothing for free on this ride.

the rest of us dont need to know about the rules or maths behind it cos we already know larry is talking shit - as usual.

get with the program :)

#13     Oct 23, 2004
  4. toc

toc

Larry Williams is a fine name in the market, he comes with good ideas and long lasting interpretations of the market behavior. However, curve fitting and reverse engineering the trade also seems to be his tools and that is why you won't see real time real money trades from him. Most of the money he makes is from seminars and system selling......a more sure way to pile bucks. Shrewd Guy!

#14     Oct 23, 2004
  5. PCanyon

PCanyon

As I pointed out previously, Williams introduced volatility breakout trading around 1984. I did extremely well trading a diversified portfolio of commodities and then struggled in 1988 when the S&P no longer worked with what I was doing and the approach got too popular.

I know other guys who made a lot of money with some of Williams' systems/ideas.

He's a systems seller and like all the rest, he's peddled garbage but also some very worthwhile stuff.

I have no idea what he's up to these days as I haven't traded commodities/futures in 7 years, just mutual funds and now that game is over.

#15     Oct 24, 2004
  6. Sashe

Sashe

Here is the last 3 years equity curve of the system I trade (Naz100)

#16     Oct 24, 2004
  7. Sashe

Sashe

Performance Report

#17     Oct 24, 2004
  8. Remiraz

Remiraz

Nice backtested results.
    If this system performs as well as its backtest result suggests, you could be a multi-millionaire in 3 years.

Congratulations and well done.

#18     Oct 24, 2004
  9. Sashe

Sashe

That's true, the system has been performing very well with relatively small drawdowns and moderate exposure .

#19     Oct 24, 2004
  10. dbs119

dbs119

sashe, i think that you should make a journal and post the trades of the system in real time for at least 3 months.. Or you can post the wealth-lab code here and we can copy L.W. and become billionaires, right:)))

#20     Oct 24, 2004