These guys are nothing but thieves and gamblers

Discussion in 'Trading' started by stock777, Sep 18, 2006.

1. mvalley

mvalley

I hope to one day have enough money that I COULD significantly impact the market :)

-Mike

#32     Sep 20, 2006
  2. nassau

nassau

at this time without a court hearing and ruling being at thief is questionable but a gambler..is what we are...but is it suppose to be calculated..
    What about the fund that had over 70percent of its holdings in rmbs.. this is only the tip of the iceberg...many funds and investors got killed with the options backdating saga.
    can you imagine a fund holding tech and gas/energy and gold..
    many would of been wiped out..
    if one held gas,rmbs,refco,brcm,mrvl,dell,intc,auto etc..omitting same stocks like mrvl,brcm..still the fund would be hurt...

it is just par for the course....this is the nature of our beast...
    it is the ability to bounce back that makes one a consistent winner...if afterwards one has money...
    like in this sceanario the trader made large for x no. of months...and one bad month? can loss most or all..
    but isn't it the same with us..?

w

#33     Sep 20, 2006
  3. all fortunes are made with OTM money:D
    cheers
    john

#34     Sep 20, 2006
  4. roctrend

roctrend

Good Post. I think Barry R. Blog http://bigpicture.typepad.com/comments/2006/09/whose_to_blame_.html#comments
    captured it perfectly. Blame the Investors. They throw millions at funds and dont spend few thousand on DUE Diligence of Key decision makers? Cookie Cutter Questions and greed!! Why should this 32 y-o give a damn! He is already Rich, Probably already blown up his own accounts and loves trading OPM , less emotion, and Huge Upside....Huge... I dont think Brian Hunter gives a Damn Shiat! He will POP up again because he had Cahunas, and a REAL risk Mgt team will monitor him like Deutche Bank did, His Prior, yet lesser failure! I read he has a lot of excuses when he loses in past quotes. Never his fault right? I dont think these so called Traders , Hunter, Meriweather, Victor (Attn Whore) N. etc, would last 1 year or 2, or less with their own 100-200K acct. Just my Opinion of Course...Portfolio managers yes, Traders? Prove me your own acct. long term record. With the Internet, you would think a self Proclaimed REAL Trader would produce statements, numbers going back years. BUT , you dont see it do you anywhere on Net. Trading is a Tough Biz, tougher than a Hedge fund Portfolio Manager with some Funds, OPM greedy OPM Great trading!.

#35     Sep 20, 2006
  5. roctrend

roctrend

Good Post. I think Barry R. Blog http://bigpicture.typepad.com/comments/2006/09/whose_to_blame_.html#comments
    captured it perfectly. Blame the Investors. They throw millions at funds and dont spend few thousand on DUE Diligence of Key decision makers? Cookie Cutter Questions and greed!! Why should this 32 y-o give a damn! He is already Rich, Probably already blown up his own accounts and loves trading OPM , less emotion, and Huge Upside....Huge... I dont think Brian Hunter gives a Damn Shiat! He will POP up again because he had Cahunas, and a REAL risk Mgt team will monitor him like Deutche Bank did, His Prior, yet lesser failure! I read he has a lot of excuses when he loses in past quotes. Never his fault right? I dont think these so called Traders , Hunter, Meriweather, Victor (Attn Whore) N. etc, would last 1 year or 2, or less with their own 100-200K acct. Just my Opinion of Course...Portfolio managers yes, Traders? Prove me your own acct. long term record. With the Internet, you would think a self Proclaimed REAL Trader would produce statements, numbers going back years. BUT , you dont see it do you anywhere on Net. Trading is a Tough Biz, tougher than a Hedge fund Portfolio Manager with some Funds, OPM greedy OPM Great trading!.

#36     Sep 20, 2006

6. Proof of concept, not that I needed any:

Tonight, WSJ.com reported: “According to natural-gas investors who traded alongside Amaranth, Mr. Hunter repeatedly used borrowed money to double-down on his bets. Buying more futures contracts of the kind his fund already owned supported their price by increasing demand, propping up paper gains, these traders say. But that support only lasted as long as Amaranth and its lenders were willing to spend cash to buy more contracts. Such trades may also have masked growing weaknesses in market fundamentals, his trading peers say.”

#37     Sep 21, 2006
  7. bsmeter

bsmeter

It's Election time in America. After the elections Oil prices go straight back up until the next appointed leader is placed into position.

Wll you fools never learn?!! :D

#38     Sep 21, 2006
  8. phoenix3

phoenix3

oh, yeah ... that's especially well argued, supported and thought out.

#39     Sep 21, 2006
  9. bsmeter

bsmeter

Try trading real money for a change. Only then will you learn how the American markets work.

#40     Sep 21, 2006