These Biases I have are Killing me

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Flashboy, Jul 13, 2010.

1. KDASFTG

KDASFTG

Redneck Trader is right on the money in his post. Please complete the work he has suggested before you attempt to use my technique. His suggestion will most assuredly take you to the root cause.

#21     Jul 13, 2010
  2. This is a good point and to be honest I don't think I have valid reasons Why.. other than the fact that I am ALWAYS looking for market to reverse. No matter when/where.. but I have no fundamental or technical reason why over 90% of the time.

I believe its like someone suggested in earlier post.. all the trading books always showed you these perfect setups where market reverses and huge gains can be made.. this may have something to do with it.

I've been trying to adapt to just following price action.. following the flow but in the heat of battle I always revert back to ok.. market should be turning here..

Today is great example.. there is NO resistance present and i'm looking for the reversal off of a prev. High.. doesnt' make sense

#22     Jul 13, 2010
  3. There is a reason (core issue), I assure you. You already mentioned "It's completing psychological, I guess wanting market to turn so I can pat myself on back and think.. You're so smart"

"Drill down" that for awhile!!!

<*)))><

#23     Jul 13, 2010
  4. heypa

heypa

Put your macho aside. When you dance with the market SHE LEADS YOU FOLLOW If you don't she will punish you!!! The market will always do her thing whether you're there or not.
    By the way her lead is seldom predictable because when she does her thing SHE DOESN'T GIVE A DAMN ABOUT YOU. ONLY YOUR DANCE TICKET.

#24     Jul 13, 2010

5. Certainly you cannot do what is asked of you. This has always been true since you began posting here. You are very consistent and broke.

Read Konviction's post and explain to him where here missed the boat. This is not asking you to take advice (you van't). Chatting to Konviction is just to explain where he is screwed. It doesn't make you bow down to advice at all.

#25     Jul 13, 2010
  6. Exactly. I have no problem trading. Lost everything that I could long time ago. Otherwise, I am completely fine.

#26     Jul 13, 2010
  7. bone

bone

1. Lengthen the timeframe on your technical studies. By alot. Your perspective is shit. I can trade several thousand futures contracts per day on a 360 minute bar, and be flat at the end of the day. Think about that. Your source of calibration for these "biases" of yours and your subsequent methodology for filtering this information is flawed to the point that you must consider fading yourself from time to time.

2. It is not your post in life to call market turns. Obviously. I know that it's not mine, because I have never sold a high or bought a low in my life - and I've had eighteen consecutive profitable years of trading.

3. These markets are incredibly profitable if you can break through a mental barrier between your ears and 'buy a new high' or 'sell a new low'. But you have to do it when that market is really moving, and not when you finally feel comfortable enough to do it. Learn to feed on other trader's misery and you will make a fortune.

4. You either inflict pain on others or you are the recipient of pain - choice is yours.

5. Change your piss-poor strategy pronto. Completely. Do something different. Do not trade again until you have radically changed the way you conduct yourself in this marketplace. Seriously.

#27     Jul 13, 2010
  8. you mean if you go long, decrease your entry by two points?

#28     Jul 13, 2010
  9. what u said is right in theory.
    However sometimes when you see the two HH and HL, the trend is almost finished. and when you get into the trend, it is reversed. what are you going to do?

#29     Jul 13, 2010
  10. nkhoi

nkhoi

congrat, took you 7Y but you are almost there. You actually know what kind of problem you have.

#30     Jul 14, 2010