These are the things that happen when society does not accept homosexuality

Discussion in 'Politics' started by FortuneTeller, Jun 20, 2010.

1. Given the fact that he accused me, for no apparent reason, of being a "transgender", I suspect that this character has many skeletons in his closet! It is people like him who end up caught trying to solicit sex from other men. Why wouldn't them come out and spare us all their grudge against humanity. Though I am a heterosexual but I do agree with you that it is appalling what is happening to people who chose to live their lives the way they should.

#11     Jun 21, 2010
  2. 377OHMS

377OHMS

Your wife.

Why not admit that the whole Prop-8 thing is about money. Its about getting the married income tax break. If you folks simply admitted that obvious truth you might have better chances persuading the electorate. This is about getting a tax break and medical coverage. You want to wrap that all up in some bullshit story about oppression and social justice.

#12     Jun 21, 2010
  3. You screw my wife? You wish.

I don't have any opionion on Prop-8 or what it is about.

But treating people like shit because they are different reminds me of
    when black people used to ride in the back of the bus, drink from their
    own fountains, and get hanged in trees.

#13     Jun 21, 2010
  4. But what if it isn't deviant behavior for them? Maybe it is normal for them and they can't help it because they were born that way?

I used to think this homo thing was a choice. But now I wonder if it isn't a choice for them. Maybe their hormones are messed up or something.

Again, when black people had to ride in the back of the bus, drink from their own fountain and couldn't eat where whites ate and whatever else because they were "differen't", eventually the white folk realized they couldn't help it that they were black, and they eventually got to ride in the front of the bus, eat with whites, and actually vote.

#14     Jun 21, 2010
  5. Lucrum

Lucrum

Me too and I still do.

Who are you and where is the real IShopAtPublix?

#15     Jun 21, 2010
  6. But what if it isn't deviant behavior for them? Maybe it is normal for them and they can't help it because they were born that way?
    -------------------------

Fine and dandy.

The problem is: we need to "communicate", talk about it, raise awareness, etc.

So this becomes mainstream, normalizing a behaviour just by "talking" about it.

Naturally, the educators find the need to approach this subject in "schools" at ever earlier grades.

The family that had an Uncle in the "closet" and dealt with this on a personal level has morphed into the 8th grader who tells everyone he/she is "bi" or "gay".

#16     Jun 21, 2010
  7. The problem i have with this is that I dont know of any instances where:

Healthcare was denied because one is gay.
    Education is denied because one is gay.
    The ability to own land is denied because one is gay.
    The ability to get loans is denied because one is gay.
    The ability to vote is denied because one is gay.

Blacks, asians, native americans, poor whites and women were denied these things.

Being gay is cultural decision, like pedophilia.

Fortunately I know I will never run for office so I can tell the truth.

Being gay is a cultural choice. I have seen too many women with children trot out a girlfriend to think otherwise.

They may have been fighting an urge, but so do people who like humans who lack secondary sex characteristics.

Gay rights is an oxymoron.

#17     Jun 21, 2010
  8. There was a classroom exercise one of my kids showed me (I forgot the grade). It was an illustratiion of 4 or 5 kids (the usual diverse drawings) one african american one asian one white one hispanic but now included was a gay. I forgot how the gay person was defined in the drawing but it was clear this person was gay.

The question was about peer pressure with each kid in the illustration answering the question. The gay guy gave the correct answer.

------------------------

#18     Jun 21, 2010
  9. cstfx

cstfx

Actually this was a pretty homophobic comment itself. From the OP no less. Quick to claim he screws women, not guys, and quick to label someone else with an offensive term.

As Shakespeare wrote: "the lady doth protest too much, methinks!"

#19     Jun 21, 2010
  10. Ricter

Ricter

He's distancing himself from a "self interest" motive, implied by the goof 3770, by stating that he likes women. That gives his whole post about the mistreatment of gays and lesbians more objectivity.

#20     Jun 21, 2010