These are the fruits of Vegetable Spirits, my friends, and I suggest you order your activities...

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Altavest_Erik, Dec 17, 2018.

1. At the same time, though, other forces strike me as serving to significantly diminish any framework for an outright crash. Again, for the bajillionth time, there’s is a shortage of stocks available for investment on a global basis, and this deficiency is almost certain to increase. As pointed out in earlier editions, there are now less than half the number of names to trade in the US equity complex as there were 20 years ago. The 3,000-odd survivors are the beneficiaries of buybacks, mergers, acquisitions and the like, which further reduces the inventory of securities available to own. Over the last decade somewhere in the neighborhood of $40 Trillion of new currency has been created, and, while the money printing machines have slowed and in some cases shut down, all that new money needs a permanent home. As a result, and in true Twilight Zone fashion, there aren’t even enough bonds out there in which to invest. And if you doubt this, just take a look at current yields across the globe. Even here in America, where debt prices are arguably more rational than in other jurisdictions, the 2s/5s spread remains inverted.
    https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-12-16/vegetable-spirits

guru and Maverick1 like this.