'There's You, & US. UBS. We'll Even Smuggle Diamonds In A Toothpaste Tube For You'

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by ByLoSellHi, Jun 19, 2008.

1. If they're weren't such a thing as Einhorns' pitching their book, naked shorting, etc., there would have been a buck to be made. . B ut let's analyze it w/o the benefit of paying off an insider to tip us, shall we?

Foreign entity. Hmmmmm. How deep will the US go to save these guys? My guess, not far. Why? did you hear Paulson say "no one is too big to fail" when planning how to deal with this stuff in the future? I've heard guys there for years say "we're too big to fail." Guess not anymore.

They fucked with the wrong agency. This isn't John Mutha llining his pockets. it's the IRS. Tsk Tsk. We all know once they get the green light, they'll be after their money like we used to grab the nerds and hang them upside down over the stair well to get their lunch money. Wait a sec, that was me upside down. Well, you get the idea.

Next. Politics. Wall St. is about as popular as Elton John at a bikefest. And since they're them danged foreigners, no one will help.

Starting to see Marc Rich's name again in the Press - oil, you know. Populist revolt. Swiss. Did I ever tell you what's brown, with holes? Swiss shit. Anyway.....

First target, 21, the rights offering I believe. Next, 15, book, which is moving around like a teenaged hand on lover's lane.

It is common knowledge that 's not supposed to be common knowledge they are telling their staff to work hard, they are going to be number one, while they are doing everything they can to rid themselves of the brokerage. I'm not sure who'd want that lliability, myself. And if you've got 20,000 of your best customers in a beef with the IRS that could end in penalites, disgorgement, jail, that's not a real good book of business.

Now, if I could just short several mil, and get a gig at the press club for late next week..............

#21     Jun 21, 2008
  2. I'm shocked, shocked, to discover that tax evasion has occurred. And that it was facilitated by a swiss bank. What's next? Someone discovers that there is corruption in africa?

Like Jimmy Kimmel said when Mike Vick failed his drug test while on parole, " You think you know a guy..."

#22     Jun 21, 2008