there will be suicides tomorrow

Discussion in 'Trading' started by NY_HOOD, Jan 22, 2008.

1. Percentage wise, sure we've seen it many times before in history.

But can you guys really tell me the "system" (in a very broad sense of the term) has ever been as leveraged as it is now?

#11     Jan 22, 2008
  2. Well I just bought something, not sure if it's a dip or not. :)

#12     Jan 22, 2008
  3. I remember in 87, brokers getting shot by their clients. Now that is cool!

#13     Jan 22, 2008
  4. have any links?

#14     Jan 22, 2008
  5. Cramer will have another nervous breakdown and do a live kamakaze on CNBC.

[​IMG]

#15     Jan 22, 2008
  6. gnome

gnome

Makes for interesting copy, but not correct. Once the "contestability" period has passed (1 or 2 years, depending upon state), suicide is just another "hazard of life".

The contestability clause is there so that people don't buy life insurance at a time when they are contemplating suicide. Then again, everyone who bought life insurance last week becasuse (1) they refused to unleverage their longs and (2) anticipated a market crash this week, and (3) they would jump off the top floor because of their devastating loss.... their suicide claims would be denied.

However if the beneficiaries contested the denial of the insurance payment and could convince the authorities that the insured accidentally tripped....

#16     Jan 22, 2008
  7. Allen3

Allen3

Ha!
    :D

Very creative. kudos to the artist'.

#17     Jan 22, 2008
  8. close family friend killed himself in 87. he was found hanging in the house bathroom..by his own daugthter...fag still burning on the floor.

was heavily long futures and making a fortune in trading...until he was blown to kingdom come .

#18     Jan 22, 2008
  9. Capituation is official when Cramer blows his head off on national TV. Maybe he will go on a shooting spree in the CNBC studio and take some perma bulls with him.

That will mark the time to buy.

Boy, I can't wait to see their faces tomorrow.

#19     Jan 22, 2008
  10. Apparently what I bought was not a dip, it was more like a pre-dip.
    Maybe like and apertife or something...

#20     Jan 22, 2008