There will be no Fed rate cut

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Bob Rowshan, Sep 10, 2007.

Will the Fed cut rates next week?

1. Yes they will cut

148 vote(s)
    59.7%
  2. No they won't cut

100 vote(s)
    40.3%

1. wimping out bobby and changing your mind? scared to bet just a straight $50.00 based on your first post?? what happened?? LOL !

surf:D
    [/QUOTE]

What do you mean "what happened?" Nothing happened. I strongly agree with both statements. Of course, I also understand the current odds of the expected outcome.

What exactly do you think you're proving?

The odds are 20 to 1. But for you surfer, i'll go $20 at 4 to 1. Why wouldn't you make this bet?

#51     Sep 11, 2007
  2. What do you mean "what happened?" Nothing happened. I strongly agree with both statements. Of course, I also understand the current odds of the expected outcome.
    [/B][/QUOTE]

your more obtuse than i thought. you strongly believe both statements

"its not going to happen"

"there's a 95% chance of it happening"

--- don't twist the facts, i offered the bet, not you--take or leave it.

very congruent!

hahahaha

surf

#52     Sep 11, 2007
  3. Don't embarrass yourself.

#53     Sep 11, 2007
  4. Is this surfer person insane? Do you think you "got me" surfer?? You are pathetic! Yes, I strongly believe the Fed rate cut won't happen. Yes, I also understand the odds are 95%. Thus (here's where I know i'll lose you...) I will be making a big, big bet that it won't happen, and that the 95% will be disappointed. Please tell me where i've lost you with this simple logic I use.

Maybe you don't actually trade, so you really don't understand.

#54     Sep 11, 2007

5. hahahaha. but you won't bet me a measly $50.00 here in a public forum??? yeah, that makes sense. it's a straight binary bet, what is that you don't understand?? i initiated it, not you, stop twisting things bobby and step up.

surf

#55     Sep 11, 2007
  6. I'll take it. You have $20 on no Fed cut at the Sep07 meeting. I pay $80 if no cut is seen. Would you be willing to up the action at those odds?

#56     Sep 11, 2007
  7. A straight-up bet on this meeting is ridiculous.

#57     Sep 11, 2007
  8. ok, im not much of a gambler. let's see if he takes you up on your challenge.

surf

#58     Sep 11, 2007
  9. Fairval on the bet is 20:1. 4:1 is a gift.

#59     Sep 11, 2007
  10. ok, thanks. let's see if he actually steps up.

surf

#60     Sep 11, 2007