There will be no Fed rate cut

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Bob Rowshan, Sep 10, 2007.

Will the Fed cut rates next week?

1. Yes they will cut

148 vote(s)
    59.7%
  2. No they won't cut

100 vote(s)
    40.3%
  1. Thank you for seeing through all the shit. You're a 20%er.

#41     Sep 11, 2007
  2. The short term liquidities crunch has pushed corpo bond yield up; not just a little more like 100+bp; on what ground that can not push government bond yield?

who wants support USD backed assets if they think the yield are going down? plus the dangerous of devalue of USD.

All these didn't make much sense in bond market during past couple weeks.

#42     Sep 11, 2007
  3. Naive of Yellen don't you think, considering the extent to which Main Street is committed to Wall Street? FEDheads care about the market - not about speculators, maybe, but they do care about the the enormous amounts of pension money invested there. This doesn't mean that they're certain to cut, but they will factor the Main Street/Wall Street connection into their decision.

If the USD doesn't deteriorate significantly, I think they'll couple a .25 cut to a lot of rhetoric about being prepared to do whatever proves necessary, etc.

Hans

#43     Sep 11, 2007
  4. Always a fair bet by surfer. LMAO.

Surfer, when there's 95% probability of it happening, why would anyone be dumb enough to bet you 50/50? I can just goto tradesports and get 20 to 1.

But since you offered, make it 4 to 1 and i'll bet you $20. This offer applies only to surfer. And if you accept, i'm betting "you", not "we".

#44     Sep 11, 2007
  5. Dont be silly, a fed cut is almost a done deal now. Bernanke will not want to take the blame if the economy goes into a recession. Im looking for a 25 basis pts cut, treasuries will most probably sell off on fed day because they are pricing in a possible 50 now.

#45     Sep 11, 2007
  6. bobby then, the statement that triggered my challenge:

bobby now:

Always a fair bet by surfer. LMAO.

Surfer, when there's 95% probability of it happening, why would anyone be dumb enough to bet you 50/50?
    [/QUOTE]

wimping out bobby and changing your mind? scared to bet just a straight $50.00 based on your first post?? what happened?? LOL !

surf:D

#46     Sep 11, 2007
  7. Bah....triple tops never hold....right surf?

#47     Sep 11, 2007
  8. Oh please.. don't be so bloody naive.. Nobody knows what the fed will do. It's ALL speculation!

#48     Sep 11, 2007
  9. Agreed.

I see price breaking through it.

#49     Sep 11, 2007
  10. it's almost broken on the upside. if it doesn't hold, it's not a triple top, right ???
    :p

surf:D:D

#50     Sep 11, 2007