There will be no Fed rate cut

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Bob Rowshan, Sep 10, 2007.

Will the Fed cut rates next week?

1. Yes they will cut

148 vote(s)
    59.7%
  2. No they won't cut

100 vote(s)
    40.3%
  1. Come on Atticus, you know the old adage, "there's no such thing as a sure thing"!

There are no guarantees on ET, except that timmy will continue to pimp his book and respond to EVERY post with more spamming. The other guarantee is that surfer will always act like a ass.

#21     Sep 10, 2007

2. ok, bobby.

$50.00 bet that there will be a rate cut in september. you on??

surf

#22     Sep 10, 2007
  3. I think the nonfarm number guaranteed the Fed will shelve any ideas for rate hikes in the future for quite some time.

#23     Sep 10, 2007
  4. The effective Funds rate has been 5% for weeks. It's a bit disingenuous that the lower target hasn't already been announced.

Atticus is completely correct. Going into Friday it was debatable if they'd move on a strong number. No doubt now.

#24     Sep 10, 2007
  5. Maybe true Pabst. But you of all people should see the gorgeous shorting opportunity, with little room for error, if most believe the Fed will cut and they don't.

#25     Sep 10, 2007
  6. #26     Sep 10, 2007
  7. Of course whether they cut is out of my hands but I think they would be moving premature to cut it now.

If effective rate is at 5.00 in the market then the fed can tolerate that for a little while longer given current liquidity and credit issues. But an actual cut SHOULD take more than just the jobs growth number for a volatile month.

#27     Sep 10, 2007
  8. Idiot.....have you ever heard of the fed fund futures rate?

Look at what is says moron as of today? Does it not say 100% for .25 and 74% for .50 basis cut?

The market looks to be pricing in a 100% that the FF will close out the year @. 4.50%

What happen to all the "True Traders" on this site. Where did all the "CRAP" come from?

Go back to you day job guy.....

#28     Sep 10, 2007
  9. try relaxing and maybe I can understand what you are saying. And if you think using the word idiot helps the discussion at all then do not bother.

#29     Sep 10, 2007
  10. you call your self "Options Coach" yet you do not know what the FED FUNDS FUTURES MARKET prices?

#30     Sep 10, 2007