There is your 1987. Dow almost off by almost 500 points

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Daal, Jan 21, 2008.

1. Daal

Daal

think we can get there by the opening bell tomorrow?

2. Toro KMA

Toro KMA

I wouldn't be surprised if the government acted today.

3. just21

just21

Can they act on a holiday?

4. Daal

Daal

jesse jackson would say they are racists for disrespecting mlk day and bernanke would be forced to show up at this show to 'clarify his actions'

5. gnome

gnome

To be "like '87", the Dow would have to be about -2500 Tuesday.

6. we're still a ways from 1987... but i have a feeling tuesday will be the worst day many people here have ever faced. and i suspect it'll be the last day for some, too, as their accounts will be vaporized. i'm thinking about the people who wrote put spreads two standard deviations otm.

there are too many noobs calling the market oversold the last week and saying how it's a great buying opportunity. they've never seen a true bear market until now and think the market can never drop >5% in a day.

7. gnome

gnome

Let me see if I understand this...

We WOULD be racist if we did NOT honor MLK with a national holiday and everybody got the day off. Well, not quite everybody.... SOME people apparently would have to work so that the rest could have the day off in comfort? Is that right?

Oh, I get it. It's like our income tax policy. A few must do waaaayyyy more than their fair share so that most don't have to pay much or any at all.

Sounds like a FABULOUS platform on which to run for political office.

8. Toro KMA

Toro KMA

As a non-Noob, IMHO we are in a bear market, but a very tradeable bounce is coming. I'd avoid trying to pick a bottom, but it will be evident when it arrives.

9. I doubt if Bernanke got much sleep this weekend.

I'd be calling up Greenbubble every 15 minutes just to make sure he shares the pain. :D

10. can you clarify act?

do what exactly?

#10     Jan 21, 2008