There is no

Discussion in 'Economics' started by stock_trad3r, Mar 13, 2007.

1. housing crash

there is no mortgage crash

there is no impending market crash

there is no impending hyper inflation

Stop taking your talking points from the mainstream media (as well as mainstream finance publications like barrons). They create senssationalim, hype, and fear by spreading misinformation. They want to create fear and uncertainty cause thets how they get people's attention.

2. bjohn

bjohn

I agree with you that the mainstream media is just a hype machine. And their "crises" are definitely hyped up. However, I also believe that, while hyped up, they at least get their inspiration from real things. What, in your opinion, would be the major problems in the economy right now?

3. You sound like the former Iraqi Information Minister

stock_trad3r = Mohammed Saeed al-Sahaf ?

There are no American infidels in Baghdad. Never!"

"I blame Al-Jazeera - they are marketing for the Americans!"

"They're coming to surrender or be burned in their tanks."

"No I am not scared, and neither should you be!"

"Be assured. Baghdad is safe, protected"

"Who are in control, they are not in control of anything - they don't even control themselves!"

"The Americans, they always depend on a method what I call ... stupid, silly. All I ask is check yourself. Do not in fact repeat their lies."

"I can say, and I am responsible for what I am saying, that they have
    started to commit suicide under the walls of Baghdad. We
    will encourage them to commit more suicides quickly."

"I can assure you that those villains will recognize, will discover in appropriate time in the future how stupid they are and how they are pretending things which have never taken place."

"We have destroyed 2 tanks, fighter planes, 2 helicopters and their shovels - We have driven them back."

"We have them surrounded in their tanks"

"The American press is all about lies! All they tell is lies, lies and more lies!"

"I have detailed information about the situation...which completely proves that what they allege are illusions . . . They lie every day."

"Lying is forbidden in Iraq. President Saddam Hussein will tolerate nothing but truthfulness as he is a man of great honor and integrity. Everyone is encouraged to speak freely of the truths evidenced in their eyes and hearts."

4. ^lol

There are are no major economic problems. There are minor problems but the media sensationalizes them.

5. [​IMG]

6. bjohn

bjohn

What would you say some of those are?

7. I couldnt disagree more. That's what people were saying before the tech bubble burst, and thats what so many people say before the major events start to happen.
    What are you going to say next, that since spring time is coming and that's when people "buy houses" that this is going to all go away? No. It's not going away. And wether you want to believe it or not, your highly biased opinion is not going to change the facts. I mean no offense, I simply don't understand why so many people are surprised and still don't see it. Give it another 3 months and it's going to get worse.

8. <i>"there is no mortgage crash"</i>

Of course not. It's all a big conspiracy. NEW is still trading at $30, too.

Buy all you can afford

9. "as well as mainstream finance publications like barrons"

About 2 weeks ago barrons had a cover saying they were finally throwing in the towel and seeing compelling reasons to be bullish. That was like hell freezing over to me.

Extreme contrarian indicator?

10. LOL

Original Poster should be so insecure now.. Nasdaq -1.44%

#10     Mar 13, 2007