There is no such thing as efficient alternative energy

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by afuturetrader, Apr 21, 2008.

1. Great optimistic Earth Day post! lol

Unfortunately I think I'm starting to agree.

#11     Apr 22, 2008
  2. Spoke w/ a neighbor I've never seen before, an engineer. He's putting in Cisterns, has had a heat exchanger and photovolatic cell running the pump for 40 years. Told me about a 'screen printed ' solar panel some 60% efficient. About turbines that ar emobile. You can drop them in the Gulfstream; 2 or 3 knots an hour current are plenty to produce electricity.

Leave it to our leaders to hide all this information, and pass out money instead of putting 150bb into these initiatives. We are starting to make Castro look like Ben Franklin.

#12     Apr 22, 2008
  3. neophyte321

neophyte321 Guest

... yikes, keep the op away from guns, tall buildings and medication.

(even though I think the "low carbon" empahsis in the headline is a bunch of hooey, thank the left slant of the paper ... this is still encouraging)

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=741889

its only a matter of time... there is huge profit in energy , and lots of money is going into research. It's ironic that most of the bitching and whining about gas prices are coming for democrats who worry about "greenhouse gases"... strange also, greenhouses are bursting with life

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aldo_Leopold

#13     Apr 22, 2008
  4. Tough to imagine a bigger load of bullshit than this. The whole '9/11 attacks were planned by Laura Bush and her daughters who flew around the WTC towers in a black helicopter detonating the squids' argument comes close, I suppose.

It's amazing to me that these people can't conceive of civilization 100, 500, 1000, 2000 years into the future. Does this 'member' (and I mean that literally) seriously believe that in the year 4056, we'll be chugging along in little putt-putts burning fossil fuels?

Too bad I can't just short various ET members.

#14     Apr 22, 2008