There is no rehabilitation of offenders

Discussion in 'Politics' started by PAPA ROACH, Aug 28, 2009.

1. g222

g222

I'm not too keen on building more prisons for these animals.

Let's first release all of those incarcerated for non-violent crimes - put them on legnthy probations and assign them to mandatory public service projects. That would make beaucoup prison space available to house the violent animals and swell the ranks of 'volunteer' workers.

Next, let daily public service announcements keep everyone aware of how many beds are available at each level - local, county, state and federal facilities. Let these public service announcements end by reminding all that once those remaining beds are full, subsequent residents will have to ... er ... 'double up', honey.

At the very least, I would predict (no pun intended) a reduction in recidivism.

#11     Aug 30, 2009
  2. Lucrum

Lucrum

Pope Sixtus V had the right idea on how to deal with career criminals. In the late 1500's, after becoming Pope, he had all the criminals roaming the streets of Rome rounded up - and executed.

Civility was restored and it turned out to be the beginning of a the new, post ancient, Rome.

#12     Aug 30, 2009
  3. maxpi

maxpi

Well, go f%^k yourself... or is there some specific thing I said that you disagree with? Maybe you don't like the idea of tracking people that are obviously going to be a problem for society?? Or maybe you believe the guy's story that he turned his life around and that God talks to him now....

I knew a guy that had that same look on his face, I still know the guy in fact.. I like seeing the pictures of these offenders just to see what's on their face.. this other guy had a spineless wife that he completely controlled too... so he is convinced [this is about 1997] that the economic situation is going to completely collapse before y2k even.. .he's buying generators and ammo and everything.. and his daughter has a progressive nervous system degeneration going on, so he stops feeding her because in the collapse she is not going to make it anyhow and she is a drain on the resources... and she dies... he did only four years and he had a band of supporters that were convinced he was being persecuted for his political views.. they were picketing the court house and whatnot.. his wife went to jail for a couple of years too, she got out but the strain of the trials and prison and being married to a "strong man" caught up with her and she died... The guy was a real talker, never pleasant much at all, just always pounding away to convince people of something or another...

So, Big Arrow, are you some kind of a strong man? 'ya know, contentless insulting posts are the hallmark of a Troll... heading for the ignore list.... ok, yes, ignore list... another good decision form the mind of maxpi.... I'm not wasting post number 5000 on some Troll...

#13     Aug 30, 2009
  4. bedwetting as a teenager is a slightly less indicative piece of evidence but animal abuse is a huge indicator... so keep a national database of everybody that fits the profile...

---------------------------

Bedwetting, animal abuse, fire starters = homicidal triangle.

Problem is, no one wants to label/identify possible offenders as teenagers. This group of people are "managed" in juvenile psyh wards or jd facility till they move on to some other "system" which is usually jail.

#14     Aug 30, 2009
  5. maxpi

maxpi

That is not a very direct route and they have to do a lot of damage to get even to the junior level let alone Jail... give them an ankle bracelet and track their whereabouts 24/7...

#15     Aug 31, 2009
  6. Off topic, but I love the idea of a Pope rounding criminals up and executing them. Thou shall not kill? Anyways, I agree with this method. :D

#16     Sep 2, 2009
  7. Off topic, but I love the idea of a Pope rounding criminals up and executing them. Thou shall not kill

------------------------

Me. I don't have a problem with hypocrites. :cool:

#17     Sep 2, 2009
  8. I wonder why ZZZzzzzzzz has not commented on this thread?

#18     Sep 2, 2009
  9. Lucrum

Lucrum

Are you kidding, he IS an offender!

:D

#19     Sep 2, 2009
  10. Don't know why but that made me laugh. I apologize for not reading all of your post, but the first line was too good, I didn't want to spoil it.

#20     Sep 2, 2009