There is no recession. Never was , never will be!

Discussion in 'Trading' started by HedgefundTrader2, Apr 30, 2008.

1. You are still making it, that's important. Not as much as you like to but we are still fine.

This economic hiccup was not the recession that GREENSPAN blared on and on and WARREN BUFFET joined in the chorous this week spooking millions of people. Not good when these people could have looked at the numbers today! Not good at all....shame its a shame when people lie in order to sell books and make you sell your stocks..

#31     Apr 30, 2008
  2. Tonnage is up over this time last year. Prices are down over this time last year.

Edit: to show the difference in price. Last year at this time we were selling standard t304 2b stainless for 3.42 per lb and now we are selling it for 2.48 lb.

#32     Apr 30, 2008
  3. MAESTRO

MAESTRO

BTW, 0.6% is below the noise level of the measurements anyway! It is meaningless!

#33     Apr 30, 2008

4. correct. although in the last 15 years we have altered our target to the very high end. credit plays a large role even if it is only in the high end consumer perceptions. what i sell does not have to be bought. it can always wait.

good thing i trade too.

#34     Apr 30, 2008

5. Either we have a recession or not. Show me a single quarter of negative economic growth in the US since 2001. Now do not shift and fudge and fight artlessly when you do not have empirical data and power of legitimacy on your side...

#35     Apr 30, 2008
  6. They have nothing. No negative quarters, no recession.

#36     Apr 30, 2008

7. They have been delusional for the last 3 months.

Tore apart good charts on SPX, BIDU, GOOG, AAPL in utter hopelessness and anger when there was no recession! These damn shorts and perma bears you know they are sick puppies... and they have liars like GREENSPAN AND WARREN BUFFET to aid their sicknesses...

#37     Apr 30, 2008
  8. i am not arguing with you. my point is directed at the readers who understand that grammar mistakes speak volumes about the person writing the post. although it did not need to be pointed out to most; i somehow felt the need to nonetheless.

#38     Apr 30, 2008

9. You donot have a leg to stand on.. so chose this weapon on me. You are done.

#39     Apr 30, 2008
  10. MAESTRO

MAESTRO

Do you understand the difference between the "Rate of Change" and the absolute value? Rate of Change can be negative while the absolute value could be still positive. Recession (by definition) starts when the Rate of change becomes negative. We have this for quite some time now, don't we?

#40     Apr 30, 2008