There is no recession. Never was , never will be!

Discussion in 'Trading' started by HedgefundTrader2, Apr 30, 2008.

1. your version that has been repeated countless times: "donot" ; i believe should be typed as " do not". if i am missing something; i apologise. in any case; that is the least of your problems.

holygrail, i hear your point regarding how your business is reacting. i have a slightly different story here in the northeast. my family has owned a housing related business for 35 years and i have been here 20 years full time. we are off 35% year over year. last time i saw this was around 1990 during the s& l crisis. i " do not" see how our plight is not being repeated throughout the economy in a positive way.

#21     Apr 30, 2008
  2. Lets test that brain of your Hedge...

Do you agree that exports have an impact on GDP?

#22     Apr 30, 2008
  3. I think the difference is that your business is "credit" dependent. There is no doubt we have a credit crisis, and crunch going on, and there is not an end in sight. It may very well eventually hit other businesses in non-credit dependent sectors. I just don't see it yet.

#23     Apr 30, 2008
  4. Where is the bear market? Are we still in one? Visa and GOOGle up again..this recession is so painful..please make it stop.

#24     Apr 30, 2008

5. You have no money left brother. All of your positions are still in the hole YTD. You aren't even in the positive yet.

I am sure you will come up and say that you recovered all your losses, we know you haven't.

#25     Apr 30, 2008
  6. That 0.6 doesn't mean shit. They always revise the numbers a few months after the fact.

#26     Apr 30, 2008

7. If you lose the argument you pick on spelling mistakes? LOL.

Why do not you accept it like a man ?

#27     Apr 30, 2008

8. Yeah keep changing the goal post to suit your mood swings.

#28     Apr 30, 2008
  9. MAESTRO

MAESTRO

I did not want to say this but … what the heck!

Real GDP growth is always quoted at a quarterly annual rate. It measures how much the economy has grown over a three-month period. Quarterly growth rates are often volatile; consequently, economists also like to look at the year-over-year growth in GDP. The yearly changes tend to be more stable. It is common to compare quarterly changes at annual rates in the GDP deflator. These can be volatile, just like the quarterly swings in real GDP growth; as a result, the trend in inflation is better determined by year- over- year changes.

The charts below are illustrating the difference between “Real GDP Growth” vs. GDP Price Index that is much more accurate.

#29     Apr 30, 2008
  10. MAESTRO

MAESTRO

Here is the price adjusted index

#30     Apr 30, 2008