There is no recession. Never was , never will be!

Discussion in 'Trading' started by HedgefundTrader2, Apr 30, 2008.

1. Relax citizens, the US central bank has predicted inflation to decline going forward. Now given there ability to predict the tech bubble, the sub-prime mess and many other great forecasts how could they be wrong?

Everything is fine, wall street investment banks get to keep their huge bonuses thanks in part to the great American tax payer. I'm so glad we have a central bank looking out for the common mans good.

Makes you feal warm and fuzzy inside!

#11     Apr 30, 2008

2. Yes I am lot smarter than you are. At least now I have EMPIRICAL DATA on my side to deny you delusional anxieties.

It will take you six months to prove another recession! Remember 2 quarters of negative growth?

The market is showing it today with big smile.

#12     Apr 30, 2008

3. Depression is in your mind.

#13     Apr 30, 2008
  4. Lucrum

Lucrum

obsession

Main Entry:
    ob·ses·sion
    Pronunciation:
    \äb-ˈse-shən, əb-\
    Function: noun

1: a persistent disturbing preoccupation

#14     Apr 30, 2008
  5. Good, we need higher rates now correct?

#15     Apr 30, 2008

6. We donot need a rate cut now, but the Feds may give it anyways.

Back to the recession? How did you spend your last 3 months ?

#16     Apr 30, 2008
  7. The market is poised to keep going higher, which is fine by me, just as it would be if it were to continue lower. Unlike one sided people, I choose to add both sides of the market to play. Seems to me there is no reason, other than ego, to choose one side over the other (to trade) permanently.

#17     Apr 30, 2008
  8. MAESTRO

MAESTRO

:D :D :D :D :D

#18     Apr 30, 2008
  9. Well I keep getting all these 1.9% 0.0% offers some up to 18 months others just 6 months on my credit lines.

Some offers are 3.9% fixed for the life of the loan. Just fill in the blank checks and get some free money.

I have not seen these offers in over a year. So I guess the lower rates have been good for me, but I have excellent credit.

My spending has not changed, fuel has not been a problem. We have a Mercedes R320 CDI, gets about 30 city 40 highyway. Though diesel has shot up over $4.00 now at $4.27 per gallon were I fill up.

#19     Apr 30, 2008
  10. piezoe

piezoe

There is no recession evident in the commodities markets, it's just the opposite, as we are all aware.

The US and British economies will be first to feel the recession. It will take a good while before other nations are affected in a significant way, and some will hardly be affected at all, e.g. Brazil.

Grail, interestingly, it looks as though this will be the first recession in the US that you have experienced that will not be preceded by a slump in steel.

I do have a question though, and you are obviously in a good position to answer, and that is what is the tonnage you are shipping doing, is it going up, or holding steady and how does that compare to a year ago?

#20     Apr 30, 2008