There is NO other Shoe to Drop!

Discussion in 'Trading' started by shortie, Mar 22, 2008.

1. TA shows an ugly trend down that has not been broken on the upside.

#31     Mar 23, 2008
  2. paden

paden

Long term vs short term...

Long term down, short term up

#32     Mar 23, 2008
  3. He is calling a bottom on the market saying we are turning around. TA doesn't show that happening.

#33     Mar 23, 2008

4. DOW closed above its 50 day moving average in 3 months. How good are you on Technical Analysis ?

SPX failed to breach 1270 support area on 6 consecutive tries since Jan 22nd 2008. Where the hell it can go now? Up or sideways and if does sideways than all those 28, 50, 200 moving averages will flatten out soon and than the next logical step will be upwards only.

#34     Mar 23, 2008
  5. Go to www.investors.com and subscribe to IBD and read about their Technical Analysis and market direction. Its lot easier than cooking stuff on your own.

#35     Mar 23, 2008
  6. You are not taking into account the fact that the indexes have jumped after every Fed cut. A week or so later they are back headed down. It is a very easy pattern to see. After all the big cuts people were trying to call a bottom. Next week or the week after some bad economic news will come out to send the market back down. You have a short memory, Thursday everyone was screaming that we were in trouble. Lets sit back and see how this week turns out. If we gain 4% plus you made a good call.

#36     Mar 23, 2008

7. I am sure it will head down. Bears are waiting in the shadows and they will sell off everything in sight. This will continue till they lose momentum and give in. IF SPX crosses over 1400 we can be sure of a bullish trend. Caution is needed from bear raids right now. Be quick to liquidate before they get to it, nimble action needed..but keep scaling in with stop losses and frustrate the hell out them.

#37     Mar 23, 2008
  8. PJT

PJT

I trade what I see.

I don't take too strong of an opinion and do my best to follow the five fundamental truths that relate to skills set forth in Mark Douglas' "Trading In The Zone"

I keep a strong sense of humor especially when I am getting my ass handed to me.

I chat with my mentor as much as I can (when his time permits) as he keeps me humble and encouraged.

I keep a sense of humor.

I've realized over my years of trading and following the markets that most trading is full on psychological.

All that being said my wife thinks I am an asshole sometimes.

She is right.

Happy Easter

#38     Mar 23, 2008
  9. wow nice edge.

now can see how the number of hedge funds exploded over the last 5 years if that is that type of thinking required

#39     Mar 23, 2008
  10. "I am sure it will head down"

then you clearly aren't a "hedge fund trader" or if you are, you won't be one for long.

NO trader should be SURE about anything the market will do in the future.

because NOBODY knows.

good traders make positive expectancy bets, and that's how they ( me included) make money

but NOBODY knows what the market will do in the future, and anybody who is SURE, is simply blowin' smoke.

#40     Mar 23, 2008