There is NO other Shoe to Drop!

Discussion in 'Trading' started by shortie, Mar 22, 2008.

1. Its all pretty much over. Bernanke and the Federal Government have made it clear they are not going to allow a credit & subprime collapse. Central bankers elsewhere are manging their own part of the credit crunch.

There is endless crap on ET about where the S&P/Dow are going? I don't trade trend; I trade volatility where the big money can be made. But yeah the Dow could go down to 10,000 or 11,000. They sky will not fall down. For fuck sake does it matter to traders if the Dow is at 15000 or 11000? Think about it.

#11     Mar 22, 2008
  2. It does champion if you are stuck in any long positions which EVERY trader including yourself occassionally is

#12     Mar 22, 2008
  3. why does not it matter for daytraders? no daytrader uses 100% of their buying power, many don't carry anything overnight. so why not use the extra buying power to take advantage of the coming uptrend?

#13     Mar 22, 2008
  4. I wouldn't want you to get caught in any position. If you are long term then you are an investor not a trader. I certainly hope (and expect) that the uptick rule is not reinstated.

#14     Mar 22, 2008
  5. PJT

PJT

There are no other shoes to drop.

Until they drop.

The market has bottomed.

Until it has not.

Anything can happen.

And it will.

#15     Mar 22, 2008
  6. GTS

GTS

Ha ha ha ha....good one.

#16     Mar 22, 2008
  7. She stays at Goldman.
    But David Kostin becomes in charge of forecasting "short-term" market moves for Goldman.

#17     Mar 22, 2008
  8. Oh yeah really helpful. You will jack yourself off; you won't jack yourself off. But if you do, your high speed splodge will crash through the ceiling, the roof and then go inter-stellar.

#18     Mar 22, 2008
  9. I doubt S&P's outlook cuts on Lehman and Goldman will surprise many. All they are saying is that their various lines of business will, in all lilihood, be slowing down in reaction to the unwinding in the credit bubble.

I think Lehman's common is probably overpriced and may well be a good short for the meduim term because of the makeup of their balance sheet (their positions are hard to value) but the fact that the boom times have ended for these firms is of little surprise.

That said I'd hate to bet against Goldman. Their ability to capitalize on market fluctuations is truly impressive and their ability to trade in size yet manage risk is unparreled.

#19     Mar 22, 2008
  10. PJT

PJT

LOL

#20     Mar 22, 2008